Jackito's Journey

In a jungle far, far away there lived a baby elephant named Jackito. His mother passed away after a tiger had atttacked her. Although it had happened 5 years ago ,he still missed her terribly. One night Jackito was gazing at the sky,when he saw a falling star. He made a silent wish . If truth be told,his wish was always the same. That wish was to have a family to call his own.



All of a sudden the stars moved and a face appeared. The female formation enthralled Jackito. He was quite startled when a voice said ,”Jackito, I will grant your wish” The women replied,“My name is Flora, I am your fairy god mother” Jackito gasped in surprise. Flora continued ; “ Your wish is to have a family of your own. Therfore we are sending you to Moscow, Russia,24 Fletcher Street” . Confused,Jackito enquired how he was going to get to faraway Russia. Flora replied ;”We are giving you flying powers to reach your destination” Not one to waste time,Flora raised her hand and oodles of sparkly dust was showered onto Jackito. He started to rise into the air and Flora bid him a safe journey. Jackito was so surprised that a big creature like him could fly that he did not even hear her .Jackito flew over the vast jungle that was his home . He saw many things that he had never imagined existed. A bird in a nest feeding her little babies,a mother tiger grooming her cub by licking it,a baby hippo kissing her mother. A tear rolled down Jackito’s cheek. These were things that he had missed. After a couple of hours Jackito decided to rest , he found a moss covered cliff top where he rested his weary body. He fell asleep,dreaming about the new family he was soon to meet.







2

At the crack of dawn,Jackito arose and resumed his journey. After many a weary hour Jackito spied the signs of Moscow ,Russia. He began to descend. It appeared to be north of the city in a place called Fichinsons. It appeared as if no-one could see a large elephant flying in the sky as Jackito was basically ignored. “Must be my fairy god mother’s work again” Just as he was about to give up he spied the Fletcher street sign..At last he was about to meet his family. He was very nervous now . All his hopes and dreams were to come true soon. “ Would they like me”,Jackito thought. With all these thoughts Jackito was not concentratins and almost walked past number 24. He approached the gate and heard voices from inside the brightly lit cottage. The people within sounded warm and friendly. He walked up to the door and before he could knock the door was suddenly flung open and there stood the family that he had always wanted. Jackito basked in the warmth he received and thought ,”Never give up in your dreams.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!