That Day

I was ready! I was confident! I knew I could be the best and it was time to show the world, what I could do!

My team had been extremely strict to how I turned out, since after all the head mechanic and coach is my, mean, non-understanding father Gary. He had insisted on my protection, so he got together with the head manager of Ferrari to have a Ferrari for me to drive for one of the fastest F1 companies.

It was go time, the race was about to begin. I was at poll position for the grand race at Albert Park. It was going to be a thriller! With thousands of cheering, die hard F1 fans in the crowd, mainly cheering for world champ Diego, in his BMW at 3.

“DING,” the race starts. I get of the mark well and speed off to the first turn which I get well with Diego back at 6th position after his bad start. It was thrilling to be leading in my first ever F1 start. ”KKRR,” I heard a faint sound in the passing wind of a hard, dangerously bad crash. My team told me through the small microphone I had and said that Diego had crashed on the second turn of the race and is out of the race. So now the only competition left is the world number 2, Lucas who should be number one.

It had got to the 30th lap and I have only had 2 pit stops and still in first place which is thrilling me and make me try even hard, so I can have the thrill and sensation of standing up on the podium and be proud of what I had worked day and night to get to this world position.

The 50th lap was over and I had just come out of the pits after a tire replacement, I noticed that Lucas had just come around the corner in 2nd position. It was on! I went full throttle to get ahead, but he was going so fast that he wasn’t very far behind me so I was pulling out all stops to break away and not be in such a tense position so close to the end of the race. I eventually broke away after five tight laps of Lucas right behind me. It was since he needed a tire change. I got 4 turns ahead until me father told me Lucas was out of the pits very fast.

I got to the last lap and Lucas was right on me again. It was the last turn and he had got right beside me; we were coming in at full throttle. We passed the line at full speed. He nudged me a bit and I went of the track and smashed!

Even though I smashed and nearly broke my arm, I won the F1 by 0.02 seconds. I was astounded that I won my first F1 race, against Lucas.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!