The 28th Annual African Hippopotamus Race

by Logan Chesebro
Ss. Peter & Paul School - 2B

Chapter 1

When Edward came back from the 27th Annual African Hippopotamus race he had a big trophy. He was exhausted. Barney and Edward played and Barney’s family came over and met Edward’s family. I never knew Edward came 1st and I never knew Barney came 2nd and that after that they ate their dinner. Then Barney’s family went home. Barney slept at Edward’s place. In the morning Edward and Barney had fish and chips. Then Edward and Barney went to training with Edward’s dad in a bigger lake than the 27th annual African hippopotamus race. “Edward can make it said Barney and Edward said to Barney,” you go to it said Edward.” They went at the same time. Barney was in the lead and went faster than Edward, zooming past him and they all went to the finishing line!

Edward’s time was 2 minutes and Barney’s time was 3 minutes. Then Edwards dad dived in and swam and swam and swam. He caught up with Edward and Barney and won it. Edward came 2nd, dad 1st, and Barney 3rd and they all got out of the lake and all walked home.

Chapter 2

In the morning they got up and went to work. Edward’s dad was all ready and went to the lake. It looked bigger than before. Edward asked his dad, “is it bigger?” “Yes it is,” dad said. They all dived in and had a swim together. Afterwards Edward and Barney both got a letter from the President it said, “Hello would you like to go to the 28th Annual African Hippopotamus Race.” “I’m going in it said Edward and Barney.” We have 100 days to practice. “I am going back to the lake,” said Edward. When Edward came back everybody had gone to bed. Edward went straight to bed.

Chapter 3

“Oh yeah,” said Barney. “I am going to training,” said Barney. “I am too,’ said Edward. They dived in and started their training. After training they went to eat their breakfast. Then after they went to play. Afterwards they had their lunch. Edward had a peanut butter sandwich, same as Barney. Edward and Barney’s friend called Logan was also in the race too! They played around together and then all went home to bed.

Chapter 4

Today is the 28th Annual African Hippopotamus Race. Barney, Edward and Logan went to get their number. Edward’s number was 100 and Barney’s was 50 and Logan’s was 1. Lets go and get the singlets. After that they had lunch. Then went to the lake and got on the blocks. “On your marks, get set, go”, yelled the umpire. In the lead #1 Logan. “Go go go,” said dad. In second was #100 Edward, third is #50 Barney. First Edward, second Logan and third Barney. I’m getting a another trophy and Logan came second and Barney came third. All of the crowd cheered for the winners!

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!