Teahupoo


There was a boy Luke, who lived in a shack on the beach, all he ever did was surf. He loved surfing so much that he decided to sell everything he owned including all his surfboards except his best short board and move to the best known surf break in the world! Teahupoo the knarliest break you’d ever surf in you’re life. He packed up his things, said goodbye to his family and went to the International Airport. It was his first aeroplane he’d ever been on. It was pretty good he thought as he was on the Qantas 727.
Luke had come from Bell’s Beach in Victoria one of Australia’s best breaks. When he arrived in Tahiti people put flowers over his head and welcomed him happily. He caught a cab to the town of Teahupoo and saw his first wave. He walked past a real estate and saw a perfect shack and bought it. As soon as he finished unpacking he went for a surf. He hit the cool refreshing water, he went into a dream. Just as he was dreaming a wave knocked him off his board and almost crushed him on the reef. He noted to himself to watch the waves next time! His first wave felt like heaven and he got an awesome tube. After a long day he went back to his shack to get some rest. The next day he woke feeling energetic and ready to explore. He decided to get know the local area and what the people were like. When he was looking around he saw a poster for local surf comp. As he was reading he saw that there was a cash prize of $500 for the grommets. It would be useful so he could buy a board that would suit the conditions. He also read that there would be a talent scout looking for surfers for the Pro Circuit! He went to sign up for it straight away. He found out it was the next day! He hadn’t trained at all but he still thought he had a chance. After he signed up he went to practice all day.

Today was the big day the day that would change his life forever. He made it through all the rounds and now he was in the final. He was going up against local legend Jordan Kiwi who looked quite fierce. His first wave was his best with a score total of 28 and Jordan 26 they battled it out in the second and now it was down to the last wave. Jordan did a couple of nice moves but Luke replied with even nicer moves. It was a nail biting finish but Luke prevailed. After winning he was offered a sponsor and is now ranked 4 in the world. Life’s pretty good for Luke now he pulled down his shack and turned it into a luxury two story apartment. His family is really happy and visit him often.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!