Water Skiing


Here we are driving to the river with the boat on the back of the car I am revving to go. I can’t wait. I have my wetsuit on. We pull up to the river it is a musty brown colour. Bzzzz is the only sound I can hear as the speed boats whizz past us. Dad is backing the boat into the water. I see a mother duck with ten little ducklings following behind her; they are so fluffy and cute. I want to go pet them but my Mum says not to go and touch them because they will get scared and they will swim out into the river. When the boat is in the river we all struggle to get in. I put my life jacket on. It is a special life jacket. It has been with me whole life it might seem a bit weird because most people have teddies or dolls, but I have a life jacket. When I am strapped in I have to put on my skis. I have to adjust them so they are nice and tight. I get to get dropped in the water by my Dad. Brrrr the water is cold the boat slowly drives away. My Dad throws out the rope I have to hang to very tightly as he cuts the slack. My Dad yells out “Ready?” I shout back “Yes”, even If I am not ready, but this time I am ready. He speeds off I hang on tightly as the fresh morning air brushes agents my face. It feels like a million feathers. The cold water is going up and down my legs. I take one of my hands off the rope and wave to my Mum, Dad and sisters. They wave back. I am having the time of my life. Suddenly another boat whizzes past our boat. There are a lot of waves in the water from the boat wash now. I am going up, down, up, down. I am leaning back. I am about to fall off. I quickly move forward a bit and ski one handed. I shout go faster. We zoom off. My Mum and Dad are clapping. My sisters are making funny faces. I start to laugh we have gone around the whole circuit of the river. I do a tumble and fall off the skis. My Dad and the boat come around and pick me up. My arms are like jelly, I am happy and wet. I climb into the boat as my eager sister grabs the skis.

The End

Name: Madison Ough
Age: 11
Address: 47 Brecon ct Echuca 3564
School: Goulburn Valley Grammar School

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!