Knights Quest

It was a rather hot day and the townsfolk had gone on their annual picnic near the Enchanted Forest. Hundreds of peasants and all the Royal family had taken a day off from their daily jobs to celebrate the day the Evil power mage, Zorxorak fell on the battlefield.
That day was still remembered by all. But while the royals and townsfolk celebrated this day, the knights who vowed to protect the stone castle and walls were still on guard.
All of them were prepared and fully deployed. The knights in heavy armour stood in the boiling sun on top of the walls and could see the people celebrating. The leader, Benjamin Bogetria spotted a man in a death-cloak walking out of the castle premises. Benjamin Bogetria alerted his men to standby. Even though he was the best leader ever, Benjamin was still afraid of the man whose face could not be seen.
The death-cloak gave it away. Benjamin knew straight away that Zorxorak had risen. Benjamin Bogetria had feared this dreaded day but knew it would come; Zorxorak had risen. Zorxorak took his hood off and his bony flesh was revealed. His eyes were black and red with Evilness. His hair was ragged everywhere and his forehead was bald. The archers fired, however Benjamin was frozen with fear. He didn’t think to blast him with magic. He didn’t think to slice him with a Dragon sword or follow as the archers did. He was terrified by what he knew would happen to him.
Arrows were being fired at Zorxorak, but they wouldn’t hit. He was too fast. Zorxorak looked at Benjamin. He snapped his fingers; they both saw each other twirling around in the blue vortex of time. Suddenly both were spat out of the vortex of time to another place which Benjamin could not identify.
They had been teleported. They instantly got up, firing blasts of magic from different orbs. Light bounced everywhere, swords met together. Arrows flew, arrows missed. Staffs collided, staffs missed.
Finally Benjamin smashed Zorxorak’s staff with a granite maul just before he got a chance to fire a blast of magic. Benjamin lifted up his granite maul again while Zorxorak was lying helplessly on the ground, defenceless.
“He rose from the dead, he falls”, said Benjamin. His granite maul was heading for Zorxorak’s head, but it smashed into the earth and dust went flying up. He had teleported ten metres behind Benjamin, ready with an orb of light in each hand. Benjamin lifted the heavy granite maul out of the dirt, unaware of Zorxorak behind him.
Zorxorak was about to cast the spell when suddenly arrows flew past him as the castle’s whole army charged. Zorxorak snapped his fingers and a bubble appeared around him as a shield. He cursed the King’s army, fired a last spell and he teleported away to his unknown stronghold. In his evil voice he said this…”I shall return to destroy you all!”
…to be continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!