Old Grandma Maggie

Chapter One
“Come,” she said,“come to Old Grandma Maggie.” I told her that my Mum had told me not to talk to strangers and quickly dashed around the corner. I was in a BIG shopping center, I ran into the closest shop I saw and hoped that she wouldn’t be able to find me. She came around the corner looking like nothing had happened, but I knew, I knew her little scheme, and it wasn’t going to work on me. I was going to head upstairs when safe and wait for my Mum to leave the Beauty Salon, and go to the car leaving the “Old Grandma Maggie” to go and bully someone else.

Chapter 2
I was at school the next morning and an announcement had just come over, it said that our teacher was sick and had to be replaced. So I went to class expecting the grumpy replacement they always got Mr. Turnbull. Some people called him “Mr. Turn-into-bull” but he never heard, but instead they had a new replacement… Miss Maggie. It was the same lady she had seen at the shops. I didn’t want anything more to do with this lady so I ran home as fast as I could, not believing what I had just seen.

Chapter 3
I didn’t go back to school until I had the “ok” from this girl that always walked past my house on the way to school, for her to tell, me that “Miss Maggie” was gone. So I went to school 6 days later, to find that the school was completely deserted. So I went into my classroom unaware that people were in there and all of a sudden they were yelling things like, “Come on!” and “You’ll be late!”

Chapter 4
It just didn’t make sense! Why were people yelling things at her? I opened my eyes to find it had all been a big dream! And it was Mum yelling and banging on the door, “So that was why my dream went funny!” I said to myself. “I was waking up!” I looked at my clock,‘8:23’ read. So I quickly got up and got ready for school. And when I got there, an announcement came over “Attention teachers and students sorry for the interruption but the 9th grade teacher is absent and will be replaced by Miss Maggie.” I started slapping myself in the face telling myself to wake up. But it didn’t work! “Oh, no!!!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!