The Police Arrest

A small clatter echoed across the sleeping street as a man in black tripped on a dustbin lid which had been carelessly left on the street. The shadow stumbled up quickly and put the lid back where he found it. He continued on his way to the big mansion across the street. As soon as he arrived at the door, he unscrewed the silver knocker and carefully and quietly cut a hole in the glass near the doorknob. He stuck his hand through and unlocked the door. The man in black opened the door and looked around the huge entrance hall. He was Fletcher and he had a life of crime. He started at 8 with shoplifting. When he turned 19 he graduated to street fights and drink driving. At 23 he started robbing houses and cars. Now, almost 40 he was ready for more risky crimes. This was one of them; this house had so many people living in it that even the slightest noise could get him in big trouble. Looking around he saw a few things that caught his attention. After raiding the house and having a number of close calls he made his way home. But as he left something caught his eye; a Red Lamborghini Diablo…


Driving home in his newly acquired Lamborghini, loaded with loot, Fletcher decided to show his wife the things he had stolen. At home his wife was watching TV. Quietly Fletcher took a beer from the fridge and threw it at the TV. SMASH! The glass shattered into millions of tiny pieces. “You’re home dear?” said Fletcher’s wife without even flinching at the broken glass. “So did you get anything nice?” She asked. “Of course, what do you think?” said Fletcher as he picked up the broken TV and replaced it with the new Plasma TV that he had just stolen. After showing his wife the rest of his loot he remembered that his birthday was the next day. “I’m ready.” He said. “Ready for what dear?” asked his wife “I’m ready to rob in the daylight.”

Parking his new car just around the corner, Fletcher was ready for action. He was just about to pick the lock when he heard sirens. “Oh damn!” he shouted as he rushed back to his stolen car. He drove away as quickly as possible only to find that he was being cased by three Police cars! Going as fast as he could he eventually thought he had lost them, but the next minute he was surrounded by Police. He angrily stepped on the gas; going straight into the Police car in front of him. SMASH! As soon as the rest of the force saw the car fly, they wrestled Fletcher out of his car and onto the ground arresting him! Fletcher’s days of crime ended in broad daylight!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!