Mahulee And The Clouds

Long ago in the land of Greece there lived a young boy named Mahulee, he was extremely greedy. Why he was so greedy nobody knows, his parents, stavorus and Mariana, were the most giving people in the whole country. One day he didn’t share his pie with his sister, adelpha, and his parents said enough was enough and went to the goddess Marif, and asked if she would help their son to be a sharing person.

After much consolidation, the goddess decided she would help the family. So that afternoon as Mahulee was lying in the grass looking up at the lonesome sky Marif watched him. He wished something would be there to mask the blue in the sky as he was not able to rest and enjoy his berries by himself. So as Marif watched the boy she decided that if he wanted something in the sky he would have to share and not be greedy. So Mahulee’s parents took their son to the goddess and she made the young boy an offer.
“If you take on this task of not being greedy to the people around you, you will be rewarded with a ‘cloud’.” If you accept this tedious task, great things will be expected of you. The young boy was very excited and rushed back to his house. He saw his little sister sitting on her swing looking sad and upset. He asked his little sister if she would like to come and play with him and his jumping rope. She was quite happy and really wanted to play with her brother. The little boy realised how much fun it is when you play with someone else and let them use your stuff.

Just as it was Mahulee’s turn to skip, his sister pointed to the sky and asked with surprise “What is that? It is so pretty.” The boy looked up to the sky and said with joy “That it is beautiful; It is called a ‘cloud’ it was put there as a reward for me sharing with you isn’t it marvellous.”He was so very proud of what he had achieved that he ran to his mother and ran to his father, and to everybody in the whole village shouting “Look!, Look at the sky it is so pretty, the goddess marif has filled the sky with clouds for us to enjoy.

So from that moment on every time Marif saw someone share she made another cloud and placed it in the sky. So that is how the cloud came into existence.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!