Hayden And Trent At Seaspray

Last summer, Hayden was exploring the beach while camping in Seaspray. He was with his family and his best friend, Trent’s, family. Their parents were lying in the shade reading books and Trent was paddling in the water looking for shells and stones.
Hayden saw something in the sand. He pulled on it but it wouldn’t come out. “Trent!” he yelled, “Come here!” Trent ran along the sand to join Hayden. “Help me, dig,” Hayden said. Trent and Hayden started shovelling and scraping the sand away until they uncovered an old satchel.
They raced back to the tent to empty the bag. Hayden pulled out a map. It led to a mine. Trent pulled out a small light bulb, a pencil, scissors and a nine volt battery. “I’ve worked with these before,” Hayden said. “The mine is in a cave,” Trent said. “I’ll get my bow and some arrows, just in case,” Hayden added seeing the expression on Trent’s face. “Let’s go,” said Trent. “Let’s,” said Hayden as they did their secret handshake.
Following the map’s directions, they set off in search of the cave. It took them about ten minutes to discover the entrance of the cave. Cautiously, they entered the cave. The deeper they went, the darker it became. “Trent, hand me the bulb, pencil, scissors and battery,” Hayden whispered. Hayden put the pencil into the positive end of the battery, and the scissors in the negative end. Then he put the pencil onto the bottom of the bulb, and made sure that the scissors were touching the bulb. Then the bulb lit up but what he saw gave him a big fright as out of the darkness appeared four huge minotaur; half man, half beast with massive horns sticking out of their heads, gruesome big teeth and hairy bodies. Trent and Hayden quickly hid behind a pillar. Hayden hurriedly and in silence drew four arrows, then shot. Once. Twice. Thrice. Quadrouplice – or whatever the word is for four times! Every arrow found its mark because Hayden was a champion junior archer.
They were relieved but they still had to be careful since there were more dangers to come. First they came across a walking skeleton, but Trent was too fast, he grabbed the skeleton’s sword. They had to battle wolves, flesh crawlers, zombies, giant rats, spiders, giant spiders, cateblepons, scorpions, ghosts, and ankous. They were relieved to get past all these monsters.
Up ahead they noticed a hole in the floor of the cave with a ladder in it. They climbed down the ladder to find the ancient mine and a pickaxe. Using the pickaxe they took it in turns to chip away at the rocks. Hayden found three diamonds, two emeralds, three rubies and two sapphires, while Trent found two diamonds, three emeralds, two rubies and three sapphires. Loaded up with all their jewels and some ores they returned to the tent.
HAYDEN AND TRENT VICTORIOUS!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!