Oh!, What A Night

It started off as a normal day, a normal Wednesday in the year 2007. That night something happened that changed my life forever.

When I woke up I went to the kitchen and made my self some toast like I do every other day. After I had my toast I got changed and went over to the lighthouse. It was very windy and the clouds were grey outside. I miserably stumbled over to the door of the lighthouse and step in. I just sat there just like I do all the time. An hour had past and it was 10:00 am, but it seemed like it was the end of the day. I hoped that something different would happen, but nothing did. Nothing ‘till I heard a faint sound. The sound got louder and louder then I realised that it was the tune of “Ring around the Rosy” I looked down and saw a plastic toy truck coming towards me. This was very strange because no kids had ever been here. Then I heard something that sounded like something was running up the stairs. I thought it must of just been the wind and sat back down.

That night when I was lying in my bed, I heard the sound again and the truck rolled into my room. I stormed out side to see if anyone was out there trying to scare me, but I couldn’t see anyone or anything. I turned and the door slammed shut. I tried to open it but it was locked. This was starting to get really scary. I ran into the lighthouse and I was sure I saw someone run up the stairs, so I followed.

When I got to the top I saw a boy around the age of 15, go over to the edge of the railings on the lighthouse balcony. I screamed and ran down stairs and went outside, but there was no one there. There were even no traces that anyone had jumped. But then I saw footprint going off to the side, so I followed them ‘till they came to the edge. I looked over the edge, all I saw was the waves hitting the edge. Suddenly something pushed me and I fell straight into the gushing water.

The freezing water seeped into my clothes and shoes. Each second it got colder and colder. My clothes got too heavy and they pulled me under the water. I was running out of breath and then I felt something move below me. I looked down and saw two red eyes looking straight into mine. I tried to swim away but the creature had already grabbed me and was pulling me deeper. It was difficult to breath. The water was so black down there and I couldn’t see and the deeper it got, the colder it got. It was extremely difficult to see a thing when suddenly there was a flash of white and I appeared back on the edge looking down at the water.

I ran as fast as I could back to my house and threw a rock at the window. The glass shattered and I jumped through. When I got in I saw a little boy sitting on my bed holding the toy truck. “ If you are doing this stop it ok!” I yelled.
“I’m not,” said the boy slowly.
“He is” the boy said while pointing to something behind me.
I looked back and in the shadows was a tall figure with something that looked like a harpoon going through the middle of it. And then it spoke………

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!