Kill Or Be Killed

Back before dinosaurs and giant bugs, in the time of roboraptors, there was a male roboraptor who was in a large and empty place. He didn't live there. he moved into the jugle for a while and then moved to a rocky area where he was scavenging for food. He was not finding much and was getting very hungry.
Suddenly, he saw a female roboraptor, carrying a small animal in her mouth that she had killed to feed her babies who were close by. The female was smaller than the male. She dropped the food, ready to fight. He roared to scare her off. She actually moved towards him. At this point they both knew they were in for a fight - a fight to the death.
The female roared but the male lunged at her biting her on the neck. His teeth sank into the side of her neck. She roared with pain but he wouldn't let go. They both wrestled and fell to the ground. The male had to let go. They stood up. The male lunged at her again but this time she moved quickly and he missed. She realised she could move faster than him. he lunged again, and again she evaded him. If only she could find some way to use her superior speed to win the fight.
Just then, she saw a large rockface. She backed up to the rockface. The male followed her and again lunged at her, trying to bite her in the face. Because she moved so quickly, he missed her and his teeth smashed into the rockface, breaking 5 teeth from his top jaw and 3 from his bottom jaw. One of the teeth fell to the ground. He was swinging his neck from side to side in pain. He didn't know there was a tooth on the ground. He stepped on the tooth which went into his foot. He lifted his foot to stop it going in any deeper. But because he couldn't balance well on one foot, he fell over. This made some rocks fall onto him which killed him.
The female was not sure if the male was dead. To make sure she bit him so hard that her crushing teeth and jaws broke his neck. The male did not move so she knew he was dead.
She then went back to pick up the meat and feed it to her babies. they were happy to see alive as they knew she had been in a fight.
In the world of roboraptors, sometimes only the fittest will survive. A roboraptor has to be a good fighter to survive. One day the babies might grow up to be as tough as their mother. They will have to - to survive in the world of the roboraptors.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!