Georgetown Rodeo

On the 28th of January it was the Georgetown Rodeo. We woke up early at Rockdale Station. Lauren and I woke up early to get the horses in the yard while Emma and Bernie were still asleep. We got back from getting the horses in and Lauren went and woke up Emma and Bernie while I started saddling the horses and as I saddled them I loaded them on the truck. When we were all ready to go we got the truck and Lauren drove the truck. When we got into town the horse sports were about to start.
Bernie Quickly went and nominated Lauren, Emma, herself and I. We all got nominated in the Barrels, Stake, Figure of Eight and the Bending Race. We were all nervous, but at the end of the day, we did pretty good. Lauren got two 1st’s and one 2nd. Bernie got one 1st and two 2nds and one 3rd. Emma got the same as Lauren and I got two 1st’s, one second and two 3rd’s. We won a bit of money each.
When the trophies were handed out, we didn’t get any unfortunately. Anyway, we put the horses on the truck and we were on our way home but then we got a flat tyre but we didn’t have a spare. We had our clothes for the night with us so we let the horses out of the truck and took the saddles off and put them back in the truck. We then waited for an hour and finally Ben came along. He pulled up and we got the horses and rode them bareback to Kelvin’s paddock. We got back to the truck and got in Ben’s car and went to town. When we got in we went to Mum’s house and had a bath. We went up to the rodeo grounds and danced all night long. At 2:30am we fell asleep in Ben’s car, all cramped up. We woke up at 5:00am the next day. The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!