Save The Monkeys


There was a boy named Joseph who was ten years age. His parents ordered a four story house. So, one Saturday morning Joseph got up as his Mum called him for breakfast. On the breakfast table was the news paper and on the front cover was a big factory that killed monkeys. Joseph didn’t like what he was seeing. He wanted to save the poor monkeys.


Joseph was thinking about is all day. He was miserable all day. The next morning Joseph got up and announced “I am going to stop this from happening.” Joseph caught a bus to the factory which was four hours away from Joseph’s house. Joseph was in the bus for two hours when SUDDENLY the bus started to rattle bam, bam, bam. The bus stopped and the bus driver said “We can not go any further.” Most people stayed on the bus but Joseph said “NO” he got off the bus and walked for 1 hour. He was very tired and stopped at a big jungle. He decided to have a look in the big jungle. It seemed like no time at all that he was lost in the jungle. “OH NO” he said. But he would not give up so he kept walking until it got dark and he could no longer see and so he slept there. Joseph’s parents were worried so they called the police. The police were searching for ten days. They gave up after the ten days thinking there was no more hope of finding him but his parents would never give up hope. Joseph was in the jungle for ten days. SUDDENY Joseph saw a big piece of wood that had a handle. Joseph pulled on the handle and saw some stairs. He went down the stairs and saw a tunnel which he decided to walked until he reached an end. Joseph saw a big factory called X42 monkeys. Joseph was amazed he found the factory. He tried to open the door but it was locked so he tried to dig a tunnel without any luck because it was blocked. Joseph was hot and sweaty SUDDENY Joseph saw a pipe. He climbed the side of the factory and through the pipe until he came to the end of the pipe where he saw a drain. He hoped it was safe to go through. When Joseph arrived into the factory the hunters were in deep sleep. Joseph got out of the drain and took the monkeys from danger. They followed Joseph as he was carrying some bananas. He was lucky the hunters were sleeping. Joseph was a bit worried taking the monkeys through the pipe and up the stairs. So Joseph decided to find a different exit. As Joseph looked to his left there was a door saying NO ENTRY. But Joseph decided to go inside any way. When he slid the door open he could not believe what he saw. There were poisoned monkeys. It brought tears to Joseph’s eye the thought of how terrible they are to monkeys. You would never think they would poison monkeys. How they can hurt the innocent animal was beyond him... They were defiantly in good hands now. In the corner was a door with an arrow saying jungle this way. Joseph brought the monkeys back into the wild were they belonged.

When Joseph got on the bus back home he knew he had achieved a great success.. When he got home Mum and Dad were so happy to see Joseph. A couple of days later while he was having breakfast Joseph saw himself on the front page of the newspaper with his precious monkeys.


THE END


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!