Learning My Lesson

“Faster, faster I whispered to Light.” My name is Zoe and it is a Saturday morning and I am riding my pet horse Light. A few minutes later my mum suddenly woke up. I quickly got off my horse and put her away in the stables, before running upstairs. My mum walked right up to me and said, “Have you been riding Light again?” I had a guilty look on my face. My long brown hair fell down as soon as I put my head down, and my eyes filled up with tears. I replied to mum, “Yes I have, I am sorry mum.” I walked up to my room as fast as I could, and lay on my bed. Why did I do that? I knew I shouldn’t have. Why don’t they let me ride by myself now?

After I settled down I said sorry to my mum and she forgave me. Then after lunch I cleaned up my room for about half an hour because my friend Hannah was coming over. I asked my dad if I could ride Light again. He said, “Okay, but I have to watch you.” So we went outside and I had heaps of fun riding again. Just as I was about to go a bit faster, mum called out, “It’s time for dinner.” My dad put Light away while I climbed up the stairs and got ready for dinner.

The next day I got up at about six o’clock and started riding Light again. As soon as mum woke up I quickly put Light away. This time I did not get into trouble, as I quickly slid back to bed and started reading. When Hannah came over we had so much fun. We played inside and outside. Hannah had to go at dinner time, so I said goodbye and went inside.

In the morning I did it again. I started riding Light, just like I had done every other morning, but this time mum caught me and quickly rang my dad who was already at work. “You have to come and do something with Light because Zoe is still riding her every morning without asking.” When dad came home he said, “Zoe I am taking Light to live at Hannah’s house.” When I heard that I balled my eyes out. Tears were dropping really fast. My dad still took Light to live at Hannah’s house. A couple of years later Hannah’s dad rang and told us that Light had a family of her own now, and would we like to have the whole family on our farm. My dad said it was okay! I was there when my dad got the news. I was so excited that my horse was coming back again! From that day on I learnt that you should never ride a horse without an adult watching, or you will get into big trouble and you never know what.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!