Save The Pumas

Once there was a girl named Isabel and a puma called Kitty. They were best friends and worked together at a Wildlife Care Centre. One day Isabel and Kitty received a call that one of the South American rangers saw someone trying to kill pumas. But the rangers didn’t catch him or see his face. So Isabel and Kitty had to catch him. Isabel said, “Gees, do I have to do every thing”?

Isabel and Kitty went deep into the forest to find the evil person who’s still lurking about in the woods, maybe, in this minute, he’s trying to strike again.

Isabel and kitty are looking for the bad guy but the problem was that they didn’t know what he looks likes or what his name was. Then Isabel had a sudden brain wave: if Kitty was a puma then Isabel could put Kitty in one of the hunters’ traps and wait for him to come. Then - “POUNCE!” they would catch him.

They found one of the hunters traps (a cage) and Kitty went in it and waited and waited and waited. Finally after waiting a long time the hunter arrived. Isabel recognised him immediately; it was her ex boyfriend, Fred. She dumped him because he was always shooting animals behind her back, even when she told him that he is not allowed to do that.

“Fred! I should have known!” said Isabel. “You’ve always been selfish and cold-hearted!” Fred replied, “And you have always been stubborn and jealous.” And Isabel said, “What!? Jealous! Me?! I wasn’t jealous, I was disgusted by the fact that you killed those poor animals, you twit!”
Isabel and Fred stared at each other with anger and rage.
Then suddenly Fred went for her, took a dive to tackle her but Isabel dodged him. Then Isabel tried to thump him, but Fred was too fast. And then…. Before Isabel could turn around, Fred made a strike! Right in the back with his knife.
After Kitty seeing all that, she became violently angry. Her face went deep red, she screwed it up and showed her fangs and roared.
She was so angry that she used her massive teeth to rip the bars off the cage and charged at Fred. Fred dodged her and she misses. She decides on the “loop-tee-loop ‘n’ tackle stunt!”
First she goes round and round Fred in a circle until the dust was thick all around him.
As the dust cleared Fred couldn’t see Kitty, who had climbed up on a cliff above him. She leapt off the cliff and landed right on Fred knocking him out cold. She tied him up to a tree.

Kitty looked at Isabel, she didn’t look too good. So Kitty got a flare and set it off. After a short while they were all in a helicopter heading home. Except for Fred, he’s the one behind bars now. And as for Isabel, she has recovered now and is back on the job!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!