That Perfect Kiss

I stare at her from across the room, I can’t help but smile. That beautiful face, her gorgeous smile, it all adds to the infatuation I have for this amazing girl. She looks at me; my stomach can’t help but twist and turn. As she walks over to me my lungs constrict, I can’t breathe. Her walk is so graceful. Like air she’s floating towards me. Sitting down she says hello. I can’t stop these feelings going through my mind. Is it right to feel this way about just a friend? Does she feel the same? I soon realize she is staring at me blankly, I haven’t even said hello, “Hey, how you doing?” I reply quickly, unsure if she has noticed I can’t keep my eyes off of her. We start talking, getting to know more about each other. I think she knows now, there’s that awkward silence among us. Hoping she won’t walk away I try to think of something to say, something completely irrelevant, something that won’t show my forbidden obsession with her. I’m blank, I’ve lost it, she’s sure to leave now I want to die, crawl away in a hole never be seen by her again. I feel so ashamed of these feelings I have, and now she knows. I can never face her again. This beautiful girl, this perfect girl I can’t ever talk to without looking like a fool. I turn my face in shame. I need to go, get out of here before the situation gets more out of control, before I lose all my dignity. I say I need to go, not looking her in the face I go to leave. She takes my hand and pulls me down. “Don’t leave please, I need to talk to you” My heart says stay, my head says leave before your heart gets crushed. I can’t bear to walk away from her she owns me. I face her looking her in those deep brown eyes, they are so beautiful. “I just need to thank you for being there for me throughout our friendship it means the world” she says. My mind is racing, my heart pumping, my eyes still not taken off of hers. My eyes drift down her lips, they are now still with an absolutely angelic smile on them. I want to kiss her, I need to kiss her. This is it I move in; to my surprise she doesn’t move back. Our lips touch, after months of this unworldly attraction to her I am kissing her! It’s more heavenly than I imagined, the closeness, I can feel her body against mine, our hearts beating as one as I move my hand along her neck and up her face, holding her close to me. I never want to let her go, I want this to last forever, this is without a doubt that perfect kiss.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!