Dawn Of Battle

PROLOGUE - It is the 23rd century. The planet Earth is enveloped in war. The Space Marines and the Orks are versing each other in serious warfare in Egypt. They are fighting for the legendary weapon, the WARHAMMER, the very same weapon that their ancestors fought over.
The Space Marines are gathering everything they need. Weapons, ammunition, Land Speeders, Dreadnoughts and, thanks to the Tau Empire, Piranhas. They also have a Stormsword and Stormblade, which will be sent out first. Suddenly, they heard a roar. It echoed off the walls of the ancient pyramids, for they were battling in the Valley of the Kings. Standing on top of a sand dune was an Ork Warboss. He raised his battle-axe threateningly above his head and readied the army of Orks for battle.
“INITIATE PLAN A!!” bellowed the Space Marines Commander. Immediately the whole army ran for cover behind the pyramids, leaving the Stormsword and Stormblade standing alone to face the enemies on the dunes. Suddenly, the Orks rushed forward. The Space Marine’s tanks stayed put, but they fired ferociously. Dust was swirling everywhere, partly from the Orks, partly from shots that had missed there target, and partly from dead bodies hitting the ground. Surprisingly, the Orks left only 20 core units, a warbuggie and a truck to fight the enemy tanks. The rest rushed forward and ran towards the pyramids. Tank, the Warlord, and Warboy, an ork, were blowing up pyramids while the army ran and shot dead Space Marines.
But the fight had not yet truly started. The Space Marines figured out what Tank and the Warboy were planning to do,
so they hid their Dreadnoughts, Land speeders and Piranhas in the pyramids. As the machines started up, the Orks looked around. First, the Dreadnoughts jumped up, and then the other machines floated up behind them. The Marines took advantage of the Orks staring in awe at the machines, realising they had been tricked.
“CCCHHHAAARRRGGGEEE!!!” roared the Commander as the army rushed forward and slaughtered as many Orks as they possibly could. The Orks quickly regrouped and fought back. Screams, screeches, bellows of pain and death echoed all around. Words did not need to be spoken. The Marines were losing numbers, and fast. The Commander signalled for all of the army to try and take out Tank and Warboy. The Land Speeder held off the Orks while the rest of the machines attempt this mission. The Commander sees one last chance of hope. He rushes towards the last pyramid standing. A Warbikie rides beside him and shoots him in the shoulder. The Commander cries out in pain, but keeps going. He pulls out his own gun and shoots the green, ugly Ork square in the face. After it falls off, the Commander jumps onto his bike and speeds off. He jumps onto the pyramid just as the bike slams into the steps, killing 2 Orks who had been following him. He rushes up the ancient stone and stabs a flag in the top. The flag brings forward 100 more troops; reinforcements. The core units kill off the rest of the Orks. Tank and Warboy lie dead on the ground.
After beginning the battle with 5100 troops the Space Marines end with only 100 left. It was then that they realised that this was just the first fleet of Orks; this was only the dawn of battle.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!