Lee Rudd

Twas the vain bushranger who started the all famous gold rush. For he was Kevin Rudds great great Grandfather and his name was Lee Rudd.
He could crack his whip like no other. His stallion was that of the finest quality, for it could run faster than even the wind.
One day when Lee Rudd was out searching for water, he saw a glint of gold. Lee thought "what is that?" "Could it be gold?" He picked up the gold and called for his stallion to take him to the closest town.
When he arrived he yelled to all, "Come, see my gold. There is bound to be more at the lake" The townfolks got excited and ran towards the lake with pans and picks. Lee Rudd felt angry at himself. If only he wasn't so vain. He would have first staked a claim - then bragged to the townsfolks.
He hurried after them, carrying his pan and his pick. when he arrived he saw people finding more and more gold. "It all could off been mine" he yelled.
The entire town made their fortune and spent their money on the finest of everything. The vain bushranger Lee Rudd purchased a mate for his stallion.
Lee was never seen again.
Yet some say, he can still be seen paning for gold at the lake.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!