Kookaburra's Blanket

It was a cool morning in the Australian bush when koala woke up in his gumtree and shivered. He got up and decided to go for a walk to warm up. As he was walking he met kookaburra sitting on a branch holding a beautiful blue blanket.
“That’s a nice blanket,” said the koala to the kookaburra, ”I would love a blanket like that.”
“Yes it is nice,” said the kookaburra, “but I’d rather have a hat, so that when I’m reading my book I won’t get sunburnt.”
“I don’t have a hat,” said the koala “but I know someone who does.”
The koala went off to visit the kangaroo.The kangaroo was in the paddock eating grass and wearing a straw hat.
“That’s a nice hat,” said the koala to the kangaroo.
“Yes it is,” said the kangaroo, “but I’d rather have a bike because I’m tired of bouncing.”
“I don’t have a bike,” said the koala, “But I know someone who does.”
The koala went off to visit the bilby. Bilby was standing beside his bike and he was tired.
“That’s a nice bike,” said the koala to the bilby.
“Yes it is,” said the bilby, “but I’d rather have some gum leaves to sleep on.”
As quick as a flash, the koala grabbed some gum leaves out of his pocket. He swapped the gum leaves for the bike. Next the koala went to the kangaroo and swapped the bike for the hat. Then the koala went to the kookaburra and swapped the hat for the blanket. The koala was happy. He wrapped himself up in the blanket and went to sleep in his gum tree.

By Alyssa Magarry
Year 3
Beaudesert State School
PO box 182
17 Tina Street
Beaudesert 4285

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!