Hear My Thoughts

Dear Diary,
Last night I was amongst the crowd who waited ages at the annual fisher’s ghost ghoul meeting. As I sat on my warm blanket (at around 10:00) I couldn’t help but feel bits of doubt within my conscience. Now it’s not like me to doubt the amazing Frederick Fisher as he has been an enjoyable experience of my life but tonight something seemed wrong.

As my watch ticked and my heart pounded all I could hear was the laughter of the children nearby. They had seemed so excited to find out about mysterious things from their parents lives. I remember looking towards my wife Mary-Anne, seeing that she was beginning to get disheartened.

That was when a man wearing a glow-in-the-dark vest came over to us and asked if we wanted to join in singing. I looked at Mary-Anne who shrugged and got up. The thing I love about these meetings is that we entertain ourselves and even though last night we didn’t have any shows or anything prepared it was still a blast of fun.

After a load of singing my watch said that it was 11:17. “Time is nearing” I remember announcing to everyone else. I couldn’t wait because I wanted to know if it would really happen. At about 11:39 everyone raced into the area. (It was as if there was a stampede of people!) We sat down playing childish games and telling jokes before the town clock struck twelve.

Everyone ran back to their areas waiting patiently. Suddenly a loud bang sounded from the bushes as someone let off some kind of party- popper thing. I felt warm until a strong wind blew us fiercely, Moments later, people got up and stormed back to their carts. “T’was all for nothing” I heard them say.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!