Racing Speedy

“Are you sure Speedy is old enough?” “Yes,” answered the Trainer. The rider and the trainer stood face to face. Racing Speedy would be a really big thing since it would be his first race.
“I had already entered her in the Froster Race…”began the trainer but Sandy cut him. “I don’t know but it is up to you. Sorry, but now I have to go train Speedy.” Sandy jogged of leaving the upset trainer behind.
“Hey Chars. Ben wants to get you in the Froster Race. I’m really excited but we do need to get you ready. You really need to help me.”
After a lot of training, Sandy started to clean Speedy. “Cleaning speedy huh?” asked Ben. “Yeah,” answered the exhausted Sandy. “Remember, the race is in two weeks.” Reminded Ben
After two more weeks of training, Speedy was in perfect condition.
“I need to go and weigh in.” exclaimed Sandy. After Sandy had weighed in, she went to pick the white horse from her stable.”Ready Speedy? This is your big day.”
Sandy was in the big mare’s saddle riding around in the starting field. “Number 18,” called the reporter. “That’s us.”
Sandy and Speedy were loaded into the starting gate. The bell rang and the gates flew open. The horses and the riders shoot forward. Speedy and Canter-a-lot were nose to nose first. The last few feet were coming up. “Come on Speedy, we can do it.” As they were nearing the finish line Speedy nose shoot forward. “We won.” yelled Sandy. “Lets take you to the winners circle,” said Ben proudly.
“We can enter her in the Triple crown Race now,” Said Ben. “So was that the reason you enter her in the Froster race in the first place,” questioned Sandy. "Yes," answered a pink Ben.

Two months later the big race had come. Sandy was in the big mare's saddle like they were two months ago but this time both Sandy and Speedy were so nervous.
Speedy was loaded into the barrel number 8. They were number 18 once again. They ringing of the bells rang in Sandy's head. The gates opened and the horses charged forward. Speedy was now coming 5th. After running five more feet, Speedy had gotten in front of four horses. Now they had to get in front of the last and only horse, Can't-Control-Her.
When they were only 2 feet away from the finish line, Speedy switched into her last gear. At the last second, Speedy bet Can't-Control-Her by just an inch of her nose.
"We won the Triple Crown Race," yelled Sandy with tears in her eyes. "We won Speedy!"

By Zoe Li.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!