Undangerous Temple






It was a dark, damp night and I was trekking all alone in the mist- shrouded jungles of Madagascar.
At first light, I check my GPS to gain my bearings, only to find there’s no coverage! Reaching for my compass, I remember that I’d left it back at camp. Suddenly, a wave of fear washes over me as I realise that I am totally lost.
Continuing on blindly, I stumble upon a clearing, showing a deep, vast, valley ahead. In the distance there seemed to be an old rope bridge perched high on the cliff tops.
As I move on, I hear something in the bush. “Who’s there?” I yell no answer “who’s there?" I ask again still no answer. So I keep on trudging on through the Madagascan jungle. In the distance there’s another clearing showing what looks like a temple. So I make my way to it. As I get there, a big stone rolls out of the way of the entrance. “It’s very dark” I say to myself. I walk on in and “BANG” the stone rolls back. “How am I meant to see in here it’s pitch black?”, suddenly a light come on at the end of the tunnel. “Oh cool that’s better” I mumbled to myself. Continuing on I can scene eyes watching me. Drip, drip, water leaking from the ceiling has slowly placed about two inches on the ground. The light at the end of the tunnel wasn’t from a torch, it was actually from the outside light. So I walk outside and think, God that was boring nothing Happened. Then OW that hurrrrrrt as I fell to the ground and slowly died.

A native had shot me and as he was taking me back a mob of pixies shot the native and started to devour the both of us. In the end most were happy except probably the two of us who died. And we were never seen again.


THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!