Sarah's Journey

"You'll be leaving on your own travels soon Sarah," Joshua tells her gentley.
"You will be leaving for a world no one knows, a world that has never entered into any of the tales you have heard so far. You will finally be able to leave your bed and walk anywhere you want to go. You will be free."
He wants her to know that death is not sorrow but a joy mixed with tears.
"It's your turn now, to go on a journey."
Her parents will make that same journey someday. And someday Sarah will be able to meet all her loved ones far beyond the sky.

I, however can not go there.
I, can never see you again.
"This is not goodbye, it's just the start of your journey." He speaks his final words to her... "We'll meet again" His final lie.

Sarah makes her departure. Her face is transfused with a tranquil smile as if she has just said, "See you soon."
Her eyes will never open again. A single tear glides slowly down her cheek.
end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!