Just For Me

I sit here as I write this the sun is all around, the trees are swaying in the breeze the snow is on the ground. I look into the corner, I’m shocked by what I see for there in that small corner is a present just for me.
I look around and stare, for there’s nobody around, that present seemed to just appear right there upon the ground. I look away and look straight back, the present seems to be, a little further from that corner where it seemed to be.
I slowly stand and walk as weird as it may be, the thing just seems to sit there as if it’s waiting just for me. I bend right down to pick it up, but it would not be moved, it simply sat upon the ground as if it had been glued.
I try and try and try to pick that damn thing up, but simply it would just not move so I have given up. I walk back to my desk and I start to do my work, then I look back to that corner and I find that it is worse. For that present that I thought, that was only just for me I look at it and realize that it’s not for me to see.
I stare upon that present and it stares back at me when I finally turn to leave it tries to follow me. I shut the door and walked away the present still inside, I kept on walking preparing myself for i just had to die. Because that little present as small as it may seem it pushed me closer to that edge that had been in my dreams.
I walked into the kitchen and opened the top drawer, I took out the knife that I hadn’t used before, I checked if it was sharp and it passed the little test, I lay blade straight down and I let it do the rest, my arm just started stinging the table going red, I watched the blood run everywhere and then I hit my head.
My last living memory, the sun begun to set the snow was slowly melting and the floor was tinted red, I saw that little present the present just for me. I grabbed it and it opened, I saw what was inside, inside there was a smaller present and on it said goodbye.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!