New Home


I’m walking down the ice cold road, my feet are nearly numb, suddenly out of the foggy distance an old man appears. He walks up to me and says
“Look at you gorgeous little dog, are you lost?”
I don’t know how he expects me to answer him because I speak dog, so I nodded my head. He picks me up and struggles to take me home. When we get there he makes me a bed out of pea soup green cushions and pale yellow blankets. He puts a bowl of fresh water and a bowl of fresh raw meat in front of the bed and best of all he puts everything in front of the Television which is near the heater so I get just the right amount of heat to keep me warm.
We spend all our time together like when he plays golf I fetch the balls when he needs them and in return I get a ride in the golf buggy. Sadly and unfortunately a year of all our great time together the old man passed away and I couldn’t stop weeping for weeks and weeks and days, It was like there is know one was there for me anymore. That day his son and his son’s wife came and picked me up and took me home.
He took my bed and placed it in front of the heater to keep me warm and I could just see my favourite thing, the T.V.
He gave me the same meals and things but it just didn’t feel the same, nothing, not even the pats had the same sparkle. I still couldn’t stop weeping about the old man but it was just so hard. Six months later a smaller version of humans joined the family and did nothing but sleep and eat it was very strange indeed. A while later the day came when I was getting old and sick and met the old man again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!