Killer On The Loose

"Hello Bree. Do you have any bleach? Red wine stain emergency. It's a killer!"
Mrs. Meyer was our next door neighbour. She had so many visitors but they always left so late. I felt so sorry for her. Her husband was killed in a car crash .... at least that's what she said. I saw her husband on the night of his death, but she said he was out all night. Anyway...
"And why don't you and your family come over for dinner, let's say eight, and I'm making my favourite blood orange pie!"
I couldn't wait! Whenever she had a get-together she would always close the blind, put the TV on full blast, as if in a cinema (I think she always plays horror movies because I can always hear people screaming).
"Brandon, you can't go tonight unless you finish your homework."
"Okay mum!" I yelled back.

I pulled my homework out of my bag. I had just finished my book, "How toCatch a Killer", and now I had to do my report - "Choose someone real/fake to write a report on. You must list clues and actions that tell us what they mean."

CLUES WHAT THEY MEAN
closed blinds.....so no one can see
loud sounds.......to everide screaming
Sscreams...................victims
blood .....................injuries
cleaning products ......... cover up

We were leaving for the dinner party and mum asked, "Have you done all your homework?"
"All except the last question."
"Go and do it and when you finish you can come."
I ran to my room and read the last question.
What does this all mean??? Suddenly the pieces came together - KILLER!!!
I ran to the house.
"You're a killer!" I yelled to Mrs. Meyers.
"No I'm not," she said, horrified.
"Well, I don't suppose you live with anyone else then?"
"My teenage son lives upstairs."
I ran up to his room and kicked the door open. All I saw was an open window ... he had gone! And on the desk a list:
Mrs. Anderson (crossed out)
Mrs. Peters (crossed out)
Mrs. Smith (crossed out)
Mrs. Bree Hodge.
































































FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!