Sarah

Hi, my name's Sarah and I am a whole six and a half years old! I'm a big girl now but I still have my best friend Elvis-he's a teddy bear. He's a little sick at the moment, his eye's missing! Madame Eugenie promised to sew it back on though, it used to be Mummy's job and she'll take it back when she gets here.
Mummy is my favourite person in the whole wide world. She has dark brown eyes-the colour of chocolate, and long brown hair that I used to run my hands through when I got scared.
She and I had lots of fun. We used to move around a lot. Camping outside and staying in hotels with lots of other people. The people had messy hair and dirty clothes and sometimes even long, fuzzy beards! I was scared of them, but Mummy said to be brave-they were just like us.
We used to go to the park a lot. Mummy would meet a man there. He used to give her magic powder. She said it made her fly like Peter Pan! I liked the park. There were lots of other kids there to play with, and sometimes we stayed at the park all night.
But then one day, when Mummy and I went to get food. She bought me an icecream-strawberry my favourite, and then she cried. Mummy used to cry a lot-but only when she thought I was asleep. She took me to a big, grey building and gave me a kiss, told me to be brave and that Elvis would look after me. Then she left me the promising that she'd come back for me one day.
Now I live here with all the other kids, but they're not nice like the kids at the park. The lady who looks after us-Madame Eugenie doesn't like us very much, especially me because I cause trouble. I try to be a good girl, I do. It's just that Elvis has other ideas.
Mummy loved Elvis Presley and so do I. I named my teddy after him. My favourite song is Teddy Bear, “Baby let me be,Your lovin’ teddy bear.” Mummy used to sing it to me every night before I went to sleep, but Madame Eugenie isn’t like Mummy she is so mean that sometimes, I call her Ms. Meanie-I got in trouble for that, but it doesn’t matter because Mummy will be back for me soon.
I’ve been brave like she told me to be. Elvis keeps away the boogeyman, but he can’t always see him because he’s always losing his eye-it falls off. Ms. Meanie doesn’t like that. She says that I’m too old for a teddy, but he’s my friend.
I know Mummy’s coming back because each night I pray for her, like she told me to. So she has to come get me. She promised…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!