Haunted House



One day Lucy was sitting on top of a hill reading a book. Then she thought of the haunted house next door. There once was a lady who lived there but now there was only a ghost named Miley Cyrus, the singing ghost. But some people in the street believed that it was a myth. Others believed the story of the singing ghost was true.

Lucy could hear the singing noises coming from the house next door, it rushed through the leaves every night for years of her life. So the next day she got up and got dressed and went to breakfast.
Her mum said, “Did you hear the ghost last night dear?” “It was very loud last night wasn’t it!”.
Lucy said, “It was very noisy.” She ate her breakfast then went to school.

After school she wanted to go and see the house and explore but first she had to get her stuff like her sleeping bag because she was sleeping there for the night. So she packed her bag with a torch, snacks and other things and went off to the house and she took her dog with her. When she got there she heard the sound of singing from the house then Lucy knocked on the door. Suddenly the ghost said, “Come in and join me,” so Lucy came inside.

The ghost wasn’t scary at all. She was only a young girl about 15. She was wearing a pair of jeans and a really cool top. Lucy’s dog was really scared of the ghost because she had never seen one before. So Miley told Lucy where to put her stuff then Lucy asked, “Can I ring my friends to come and join us?” said Lucy.

“Of course you can Lucy,” said Miley. So all of Lucy’s friends came to the haunted house. Lucy met them at the front door. “I am not going in there Lucy!” said Amy. “That’s were Miley the singing ghost lives!” said Cassie. “But she is very cool. Tonight we are having a party and are going to have junk food and a lot of it,” said Lucy.

“Alright. Let’s go inside and have some fun,” said Amy. So that night they had a lots of junk food and partied all night till 1am. They had to go to school the next day so they got dressed and said, “we will see you this afternoon.”

The girls learnt an important lesson that day, to not judge a person by the way they are if they are a ghost or even a person. To be nice to them and to be a friend to them. If you see Lucy anytime and ask ‘who is your best friend’ she will say, “Miley the singing ghost”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!