THE ABANDONED DUMP

It was an overcast day in the small town of Hughenden. The wind was whistling, the dust was picking up. It wasn't a very good day for riding your bike at the dump, but for Nicholas ghost it was. Across the road was a small museum full of old bones and fossils. Above the museum was a house. I was in my room, looking outside waiting for the rain to stop. The next couple of days passed and the rain stopped.

I was lying in bed in the early hours of the morning, I could hear a mysterious sound coming from the dump. It sounded like faint voices, voices that didn't excist. I wasnted to see what it was, but it was too dark. I was scared. So scared I was shaking. A chill went down my spine. I had lots of scarry thoughts in my head of what it could be. Was it simply possums or someone who decided to live there or was it something else? The sun started to rise, it was a sunny day. I decided to go and check it out. When I got down there it stunk, real bad! I saw something moving, I couldn't believe it. I saw things moving, they floated in the air. I wanted to run, but I couldn't. My feet felt like they were stuck in cement. It felt like he was coming closer. Ten seconds later, I got lifted up onto a pile of old rusted cars. He wanted me to follow him. I didn't want to. I sprinted up to my room as fast as my legs would take me. He followed me to my room, I let out a big scream. Mum and dad came rushing in. They said "whats wrong"! "He's standing there"! "Who"! said dad. "The ghost". "I can't see anything" said mum in shock. I had read books that said ghosts can choose who they want to see them.

I followed him. He took me right to the back of the dump where the rotten animals had died. He pointed to where he wanted me to dig. so I dug and dug and dug. After about twenty minutes of digging I hit something hard, a case. In the case was nothing. The ghost disapeared right in front of my eyes. he was never to be seen again. Ever since then I have never been to the dump again

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!