Hawaii

I felt the humid breeze gently stroke my chubby orbicular face. The soft white sand under my feet was tickling me as I watched the fine, vibrant sunset over the balmy, blue sea. The salty odour from the sea ran into my minuscule nostrils. My brown bead-like eyes were glowing in the reflection of the bright sunset. My course, carrot like finger reflected the sunlight as I swiftly strolled through the beautiful beach.

It was my first night in Hawaii and I loved it. I had another four glorious nights left in a grand hotel in this beautiful paradise. As soon as I woke up next morning I could smell some mouth-watering eggs and bacon. To my surprise……………..! I could see four tender strips of bacon and two delicious eggs on my bedside table, overlooking the magnificent breakfast I could see the stunning view of the sparkling ocean. Today was the day that I had to go on a fantastic tropical hike through the rugged mountainous area of the coconut palms.

As I started the journey I realised it was to be harder than I thought. I was struggling to get to the top of the mountain. Suddenly I heard a guide shout. Before I knew it, a coconut had fallen and hit my head. For about two seconds I could only see black and then, I saw snakes glide swiftly across the sky. Batman was painfully crawling along the rough golden floor. A painful smell of methylated sprit ran through my nostrils. Everything turned to the colour red and the earth started to crack open. It was avast world of pain and suffering. It was as if I was in a cartoon, I ran towards a car but the car was empty. So I kept running until I Fell down. When I fell down I could feel my nose, red lips burning in pain as my cheek got scraped on the cracking concrete.

All of a sudden I found myself in a gigantic hospital bed and everything was sitting next to me said that I was hit by a falling coconut and I got knocked out .I was extremely happy that the evil events, which had just happened to me were only a dream.

Suddenly a whole crowd of people came rushing into my hospital room with glorious flowers and mouth watering chocolates. It was my loving family. They had come all the way from Australia because they loved me so much. It took me about four weeks to recover fully. After that time my whole family and I enjoyed a one week holiday in Hawaii but none of us dared go near any coconut trees.

After our holiday we went back home. From that day on I never ate or went near coconuts. The gigantic scar across my head always reminds me to be ready for anything.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!