Elevator Of Doom

Nick’s mum had told him to go and get some apples and come straight back to Coles. As he was coming back in the elevator it stopped and someone took their bag off the shelf and got out. It continued to move and then the lights went out and the elevator stopped moving. Nick started to pound on the buttons. He did not care what floor he ended up on because he could always take the stairs back down to the first floor. He gave up on pressing the buttons because he remembered his backpack that he had put on the shelf.

He was about to reach for his backpack when he noticed it was gone, he panicked and then he remembered the man that had been in the elevator too. Maybe he took it or maybe he just accidentally grabbed it. Nick looked around the elevator for anything that could help him to get out, then he saw a speaker with a button under it. He knew what it was because he had seen people on T.V. use them, all he had to do was hold down the button and talk into the speaker. Nick yelled “Help I am stuck in an elevator and I can’t get out!” There was no reply so he said it over and over again, and then he remembered that the lights had gone out and thought that it might be a power out or something. He sat in a corner of the elevator and fell asleep. He dreamed about being at home and being in his nice warm bed.

Next morning he woke up to light because the power had come back, so he got up and pressed some buttons and spoke into the speaker, but it still did not work. Suddenly a voice came onto the speaker and it was announcing Nick’s disappearance. Nick started to make a lot of noise when he heard people approaching the lift. He thought they were coming to help save him and he heard a lot of banging.

When the doors flung open and he came out of the elevator on the 7th floor, there was no one in sight but he did not care, all he cared about was that he was out of the elevator. He started to go back to the 1st floor when he remembered that it was the next day and that his mum probably would not be at the shops. Then he saw his backpack. He picked it up, got his phone out of it and called his mum. To his surprise, his mum was right outside Coles on the 1st floor so he started to go to the 1st floor where his mum was. When he got to his mum he told all the stuff that had happened.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!