Kevin And Cannon

The fight happened in 1863 in a small town called Roxburgh. It was arranged at the town bar and finished with one winner.Kevin, a fully grown man,fast on his feet is about to have his life changed forever.

Kevin sat at the same stool at the same bar as yesterday. He sighed to himself in disappointment and mumbled tohimself"Why am I wasting my life at this bar."Someone from the street shouted out"Maddog Cannon is comming!"Kevin went out of the bar and saw very faintly, six figures upon the horizon. Maddog Cannon.

Eventually Cannon came into the bar and said"Put the horses and let us get a drink before any of those rotten policeman come out."The gang came into the bar and sat a couple of seats down from where Kevin was sitting. Cannon horribly said"Hey you, where's the service, go get us a drink now."Kevin looked around and replied"Go get it yourself. I'm not your slave."

Maddog Cannon yelled"If you won't get me a drink,i'll challenge you to a fight and if you don't show up,i'll hunt you down and kill you myself.""I accept your challenge.I've been looking for something to do all day.Nothing happens around here anyway,"Replied Kevin.

Kevin walked out of the bar and went to his horse.He sat on it and rode home then mumbled to himself,"okay.He said at eight-am in the morning so i'll get some rest."Kevin picked up his gear and his bullet-proof jacket and put it beside his bed.Kevin layed awake all night and fell asleep a couple of hours before the fight.

He woke the next morning at seven-am.He quickly got out of bed and put all his gear on.Kevin walked out to the bar to have his morning drink and didn't realise it was eight-am already.Cannon came into the bar and said,"Are you ready to die?Because i sure am ready to see you die now."

They both walked out onto the field.All the doors were being locked but some people were watching.Someone i the crowd whispered,"Kevin doesn't stand a chance,Maddog Cannon is the fastest shooter known in the west but Kevin is a very fast runner."Cannon put his hand on his gun,pulled it out and shot as quickly as possible.Kevin felt a sharp pain go up his leg.

Kevin quickly drew his gun although in great pain ran over to the horses and shot Cannon in the chest through the horses legs.Cannon fell to the ground with a loud thump.It was all over.Kevin turned around and smiled.He heard footsteps so he looked around and Cannon was gone along with six horses and his five friends.That day changed Kevin's life forever.


FINISH



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!