Santa And The Whaling Ships

The skies were bitterly cold as Santa traveled over the Tavota Plain in the Artic Circle. Suddenly Princess Gertrude’s special present fell from the sleigh. Oh no! Down, down it went into the freezing sea. "Rudolph down" commanded Santa, and Rudolph took the sleigh down almost vertically sending Santa tumbling, falling like a heavy boulder. Splash he was gone beneath the icy waves, the sleigh now just a dot in the sky.
A short time later he surfaced as a ship approached and Santa could see written across the side in red paint WHALES R US. "oh my gosh" cried Santa, these were hunters, these people were bad! Then from the ship's deck came a shout "Whale, a very rare whale, a Big Red, we will sell it on the market for thousands, we will all be rich." The crew did a little dance as they threw their massive net over Santa.
Santa woke the next morning in the Emperor’s palace. He was tied in a warm bath in the chef’s kitchen. Suddenly, out of Santa's trouser pockets popped two teenie, tiny elves, Dennis and Big Pete. They nibbled on the ropes with their sharp teeth and set Santa free. He thanked them and ran to the Whale Ship’s Control Room located in the south corridor. On the screens he saw the whale ships traveling west, "oh no" gasped Santa for he knew they were heading straight for whale habitats!
Dennis and Big Pete gave Santa a special Elf potion to drink and as he did a very weird sensation came over him. Suddenly out of Santa's coat burst another Santa, then another and another until their were 80,000 Santa’s! It was the magic formula Santa used when he needed to clone more elves!
By this time Dennis and Big Pete had made friends with a friendly sumo wrestler who agreed to teach all the Santa’s how to wrestle like a pro! They all worked very hard and learned the skills in no time.
Then they followed the original Santa to the harbour where they boarded WHALES R US. The boat creaked and groaned under their weight as they headed out to sea to destroy the whaling fleet. They caught up by night time and the 80,000 Santa’s set about secretly boarding the whaling ships. The whalers yelled in shock as the gang of wrestling Santa’s began throwing them overboard. Their final job was to sink the whaling ships so they could no longer exist to harm whales. They did this by jumping up and down on each ship all 80,000 Santa’s.
As they began to sink the final whaling ship WHALES R US, Santa spied Princess Gertrude's present trapped in a whale net, hooray. With all the whales now safe and whalers now extinct Original Santa blew his silent whistle and Rudolph and his reindeer appeared on the horizon with his sleigh. He said goodbye and thank you to the 80,000 Santa’s who were now floating on life rafts and they all went off to different countries all around the world to work in shopping malls at Christmas time. Santa headed off to England to deliver Princess Gertrude's special present, special because it is always his first delivery of Christmas.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!