Wave To The Top!

Ever since I was little, my Dad would take me down to the sandy beaches. We would watch the waves crash down and the clear blue water shimmering in the sunlight and the water flowing off the rocks as the surfers glide with the waves.
I’ve always dreamed about gliding with the waves like the surfers do. The first time I got on a board I was eight; my older Brother was showing me how to surf like a pro. When I stood up I crashed right into the next big wave.
My brother laughed “Get up!” he yelled above the crashing and splashing of the waves.
For my 9th birthday my Mum and Dad brought me my first
surfboard, it was so soft and shiny. When we got it set up my brother and I ran fast down to the beach. We went out to the medium sized waves. My Brother told me “This ones yours!” I paddled hard, caught the wave and in a few second I was up.
A few years later I was still surfing the great waves. I always wished to enter a competition, and to my luck there was one here in a few weeks. It was a junior surfing competition. I asked my parents, they said yes and my Brother paid for the fees.
When the weekend came up I was bubbling with excitement pumped and ready to go. First up was the boy’s heat then the girls.
When it was my first heat I did really badly, nearly every time I stood up I nose dived right into the sand. Mum, Dad and my Brother cheered me on. I caught one smaller wave; I was up and got one point.
The second heat I did a little better catching a pretty big wave and staying up, I got 3 points for that one wave. I stayed up and swerved side to side but the other people got five points. WOW they were good.
The last heat, my last chance! I went in I was ready to go. The top first set of waves were here, I got ready I got the first one but straight away I nose dived.
In the last few minutes a massive set was coming. A girl that was also in the junior competition gave me some advice. I caught the set and……. I got up and did the trick that the girl told me but I fell. I tried again and I nailed it. I got 12; I had won the junior competition.
There was a presentation and 3rd, 2nd and 1st place went to me, it was a massive trophy, it was very shiny and gold. My Mum and Dad cheered and my Brother smiled and gave me a hug.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!