King Jack Finds A Bride

Once upon a time, there lived a devilishly handsome king named Jack. King Jack was a very rich king, richer than all the kings in the land. King Jack was a very selfish king and he had this obsession about money. King Jack would sit in his throne all day counting his pot of gold.

One day King Jack had to choose his bride. There were ten brides to choose from. King Jack was so selfish that he didn’t even choose any of the brides! Some brides were angry and some were sad. One day, King Jack demanded to go out and see the village because he was bored. So he did, King Jack went with a couple of servants.

When they got to the village, all the village people knelt down on their knees. One of the servants introduced the king. All the village people started to get annoyed at the servant talking. It sounded like, “Blaa blaa blaa, blaa blaa.”

King Jack said, “That’s enough.” The servant said, “Yes, your majesty.” Then King Jack walked out of his carriage and walked to some shops. While King Jack was walking past, he suddenly saw a beautiful lady. King Jack wondered if that woman should be his queen. As the beautiful woman walked past him, King Jack stared so hard that his eyeballs nearly fell out of his sockets and his tongue nearly fell out of his mouth!

The beautiful lady went to the jewellery shop. The lady wanted to buy a blue ruby diamond necklace. But the necklace cost too much. The beautiful lady frowned and said that she didn’t have enough so the manger refused to give it to her. King Jack ran to the beautiful lady and said, “Don’t worry beautiful, I’ll buy it for you.” The beautiful lady said, “No, it’s no big deal.” King Jack said, “Nonsense, beautiful. I’ll buy anything for you.” The beautiful lady snickered and said, “The name is Cindy.” King Jack said, “Would you like to have tea some time?” Cindy said, “Um, yeah, sure, tomorrow night.” King Jack said, “Yeah!!!!!”

The next night came. Cindy came wearing a beautiful blue dress. King Jack was on one side of the table and Cindy sat on the other side. After they finished eating, they sat outside on the balcony watching the full moon. King Jack and Cindy started talking and got closer. Then suddenly, they started kissing. King Jack and Cindy dated for 6 months. King Jack went to Cindy and knelt down and said, “Would you marry me”? Cindy said, “Yes, but do I have to be a queen?” King Jack said, “Don’t know. Let’s go ask the priest.” The priest said, “Yes, she has to be a queen or princess.” Cindy started crying. King Jack frowned and whispered, “Don’t cry, it’s all right. You and I can run away.” So the next day, King Jack and Cindy ran away without anyone knowing and they lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!