Killer Cornflakes

“GIANT KILLER CORNFLAKES ARE ATTACKING THE WORLD” exclaimed the frightened news reporter as I sat on the lounge watching TV, but I did not care about huge, orange and dry cornflakes attacking.

“Yes giant cornflakes are destroying our precious planet earth” said the reporter. “These cornflakes eat humans and are 50% evil and 50% corn. Plus there 100% mercy free.”


I turned back to the TV to see military forces were trying to repel the evil cornflakes but they couldn’t. And then it got worse. There were constant power failures and it was dangerous to even go outside. The whole street looked liked it was in lock down as I peered out the window.

“Maybe they are attacking because I dumped 3,000 cornflakes in toxic waste”. I said out loud. I turned to find no one was listening. Thank goodness I thought to myself.


“Oh yeah they’re the ones that are attacking” I said.

“Now this is awkward”. I said out loud.

But I couldn’t imagine they could stay mutated for ever. There must be a solution. But what!

I was wrong. Five years of terror past. People were locked inside their own houses living on rations as the killer cornflakes took over the city. Then suddenly (4 years and 9 months after!) I got a crazy idea.


“If we lure the cornflakes to a milk factory and shoot milk at them, then maybe”.” But how?” I murmured. I managed to find five brave residents in my street and we lured them to the milk factory that was now abandoned. It turned out to be easier than I thought. The killer cornflakes happily jumped into the milk, not knowing their fate. Warm soggy cornflakes were not a threat at all. The toxic waste was merely washed away.


“Yeh we did it.” I yelled with excitement to the others. Why is everybody looking at me so strangely, had they worked out I was responsible for this mess? No surely not. “What is wrong?” I said in a scared voice. The others just smiled quietly. Was my fate going to be the same as the cornflakes?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!