Killer Ants

KILLER ANTS
Would want to eat you ALIVE!

Many, many years ago lived a regular girl named Mikayla Hunter. She had a Mother Mackenzie, Father Harrison, and a younger Brother Henry. Mikayla was 11 years old and went to St Peters. She had two other friends Wendy and Ben. On her 11th birthday, Mikayla got a pendant and a diamond ring.

Time passed by very quickly and Mikayla had to do lots of homework and before she knew it Halloween had arrived. She wanted to stay home -or- and do her homework but Henry begged for her to take him trick treating. He kept bugging Mikayla about trick-or-treating but she always replied with a rude no.

The last time Henry begged Mikayla, she slapped him on the backside and he was sent out of the room crying. A few minutes later her mother Mackenzie yelled at her demanding to take Henry trick-or-treating. While she was changing her clothes she noticed that it was quiet, too quiet. So she called her brother and went out the door. But she stared in wonder, “where is everyone.”
There were no kids, no sound, and no lights at all. Henry was enjoying it, he was running around in the darkness, then disappearing, she yelled to Henry, but he didn’t reply. Mikayla ran into the house to get a torch, she found some skeletons on the chair, one looked real and the other not.
“Good one mum” she thought.

She went outside to look for Henry. She found Henry in a rose bush crying, he had blood all over his shirt. Mikayla was going to ask what happened just until she saw his arm. Henry’s right arm was gone. She helped Henry out of the plants and took him inside,
Mikayla was looking for the bandage, but she couldn’t find anything, she screamed at Henry asking “where’s the bandage!”
But Henry didn’t reply, she saw a few ants crawling up his face.
“Yo-yo, your face, your skin its white and its pealing,”
Henrys crystals like brown eyes were turning black and bigger each minute.
His skin was like the dry dirt, if you touch it will crumble to pieces. She ran to the telephone she pushed the buttons 000 the phone didn’t do anything, there was a dead silence then a scream of help coming from one of the cupboards in the kitchen. Mikayla picked up the broom; she was shaking that much that she was tumbling as she walked. “Who-who who’s there”
Then suddenly her mum jumped out of the cupboard screaming, it was that loud that Mikayla nearly passed out.

“AHHHHHHHH” yelled Mikayla
GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF!” repeated Mackenzie (mother)
“WHAT DO I DO!” replied Mikayla
“ANYTHING!” screamed Mackenzie
So with the broom Mikayla managed to rip off her mothers shirt (she had a singlet underneath) and she threw the shirt outside.
“What a relief” sighed Mikayla’s mother
“What were you doing women?” asked Mikayla
“Well,*puff* I was making a pot of tea, until*puff* the T.V turned off,*puff*then I went to see your father,*puff* then I s-s-saw ants eating away *puff*y-y-your father, so I stayed in the cupboard where we keep all of the poisons *puff* but there was a hole in the wall and they were crawling allover my back.” She said as she started crying. McKenzie sat down next to Henry
“OH MY LORD” cried Mother as she jumped away from Henry.
“Open your mouth” she said trying to be calm, But Henry didn’t respond.
“OPEN YOUR MOUTH!” exclaimed Mother. Henry opened his mouth slowly, and then Mikayla realized why he wasn’t talking.
He had no tongue, all that came out of his mouth was dead ants and blood.


“CALL THE AMBULANCE” shouted Mother,
“But, But, Mother, the phone isn’t working” said Mikayla. Mother went to the phone to see what was wrong, they ran and saw that the cables had been chewed and broken. As soon as they found out what happened to the phone Henry became more aggressive, his eyes looked as if he was turning into a werewolf, he picked up a pencil and wrote on the wall. I WILL KILL YOU, GOODBYE, then smashing his head on the ground, he managed to kill him self.
Mother sat on the floor mumbling.

She stood up and asked Mikayla to fetch my keys some meat out of the fridge and the ant poisons. Mikayla gave mother the meat and poisons then told her the plan she thought of. They both stood at the front door shaking as much as they possibly could. They looked at each other with tears in their eyes and running down their faces.
“If I don’t survive I want you to know that I will always love you.” Mother said as she cried
“I love you too mummy” responded Mikayla. They both said
“One two Th,Th,Th, three” mother opened the door saw all the ants and shouted
“EAT THIS!” as they threw a steak each and an ant poison ball. Then ran to the car and drove off.

THE END

What do you think happens next?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!