Jack Kellogg

Jack Kellogg

The metal gang plank swayed as he walked out across the foamy tipped ocean. Everyone was tense, the sharks were hungrily looking at the man on the plank with their bloodshot eyes. The captain was carefully aiming his gun at the man’s heart. ‘Walk the plank or this bullet will go through your heart’ he roared.

The man on the plank was standing still. Everyone was waiting for the man to jump the plank to meet his fate, get eaten by sharks or swim away as fast he could – away from the sharks, but it was pretty obvious he was going to get eaten by the sharks because sharks swim faster then men. The man then said in a quiet, calm voice, ‘before I die may I drink a bottle of my rum’. The man then produced the rum from his jacket.

The crew (including the captain) watched as the man drank his rum before them. Then one of the crew said ‘What’s your name?’. The man ignored him drinking the rum slowly tasting every drop of it. He then poured the last of its contents out of the bottle and threw the can into the sky slowly tasting every drop of it.
The crew, suspicious of his act, drew out their guns and aimed it at the can. This was a big mistake.

The man satisfied that they were distracted, suddenly pulled out a double pistol from his pocket, (the crew forgot to take all his weapons away) and shot each man in the head killing them instantly. The captain seeing this tried to run away but got killed in cross-fire. The man then released his bullet packs from the pistols. A short later the bottle of rum that the man threw hit the sparkling metal floor making it echo eerily across the Indian Ocean.

The man then said to the crew, the name’s Kellogg… Jack Kellogg. Jack (as we will now call him) turned the ship, this was no ordinary ship it was the VX 500, the newest and latest ship to sail the seven seas.

Later that day Simon Lenten, an FBI agent received news that Jack Kellogg, the most wanted on the International Criminal List had just killed a crew of pirates consisting of 30 people and was coming to America to settle in.

Simon Lenten stood up spilling coffee all over his shirt and reached out for his walkie–talkie. In his excitement he said ‘Megan we need all the men we got, this is my big day today!’…

To Be Continued.

By Vygunthan Eelwarman

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!