That Girl

I see the pale skin figure flash from the window of the dark enchanted house, the house has a gloomy feel to it, the vines covering the house are lifeless and the gothic windows look menacing.

I have watched that girl for the past week, she doesn't leave the house, doesn't smile but just sits there. I have thought about that young girl and i would like to meet her, but I am scared, I have heard many horrific stories about her!

Apparently she was a vampire and could not leave the house because of the torturous sunlight, her emerald eyes would give you a sweet glare that would make you run for you life.
They say if you go in you never come out, there is a way in but noway out! What if these stories were a load of rubbish, maybe she is just a sweet girl! But I could be risking my life for a girl I have never meet.

After summoning all of my courage I take the first steps up the cracked stone stairs leading to the house. I turn back to see my quaint little house in the distance, But there is no way I am turning back. I continue walking, I take tiny shivering steps and with each step I take I gain more courage.

The time has come and I am standing in front of the eerie door awaiting the truth, my heart thumping against my chest, I am terrified but I have come to far to turn back. I make a reach for the brass door knocker but I am interrupted by the screech of the door opening.

I see a small ghostly face with black silky hair appear from behind the door she is sitting up right in a small black wheel chair, her emerald eyes staring at me. I hear a small voice calling my name.

"Edward i have been waiting for you."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!