Battle Of Charadon

Chaplain Octavius gulped as he watched the gargantuan force of Goff Orks assembled in front of him and his assault squad. Just moments ago he had sent a signal for reinforcements, but was not sure how long he and his squad would have to hold on before they arrived. The Orks' War boss, a monstrously large Ork, bellowed "WAAAGH!" loudly to the fiery skies of Charadon and charged forward towards the Chaplain, closely followed by his retinue of Mega Nobs. A moment later, the remaining Orks in the War boss’s warb charged towards Octavius anticipating the slaughter that was to come.
Octavius raised his bolt pistol and shouting, "FOR THE EMPEROR!" fired the powerful weapon at the War boss’s head. Before the huge Ork could react, the bolt round smashed into his head and detonated within, sending flesh flying in all directions and exposing the Ork's ruined skull. Most of the Orks wavered and fled at the death of their War boss, but his retinue resolutely charged on, knowing that more blood would be spilt that day.
The assault marines of Octavius's command opened fire at the Mega Nobs, killing one despite their mega armour but failing to halt them. The Mega Nobs in response crashed into the assault marines, killing four with their power claws before four succumbed to the chain swords of the assault marines and the crozius Arcanum of Octavius. However, despite their losses, the Mega Nobs fought on and began firing their shootas as well as chopping at the assault marines at once. Five more assault marines were cut or shot to pieces before Chaplain Octavius and the remaining assault marine of the beleaguered squad finally cut down the tenacious Orks. At that moment, drop pods fell out of the sky and landed around the Chaplain. The reinforcements! Finally, Octavius could be relieved of duty for the duration of the crusade against the Orks of Charadon.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!