Hallucinations

Hallucinations

It was the last game of the baseball season. If I get a home run, my team wins the league.
“OW”, I think I just got hit on the head, uh-oh everything’s going black…………

“Heeeeelp” down I go. I can’t believe it, one second I’m on the baseball field, next second I’m plummeting into a volcano. I can’t tell what’s going on. “Aahhhhhh!!!”.

I take the blankets off. Wait, BLANKETS!? It’s midnight, and I’m scared to death. What If something happens? I need to see a psychiatrist.

It’s the next morning. I wake up, brush my teeth and followed the usual routine. Then I go downstairs. My brothers are sitting on the couch watching TV. Mum and Dad are still asleep, I get a snack and wait. 2 hours ticked by. Mum and dad wake up. Dad walks out of the room, and wraps a tentacle around me! I close my eyes as he gobbles me up, then I wake up with fright.

It is morning, I wake up, and get ready for school, I go downstairs, my brothers are asleep, Mum & Dad were still in bed, 2 hours ticked by, mum & dad finally came out of the room, wait a minute, where have I seen this before, I remember my dream, “GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU FREAK!” I yell to dad. “KEEP YOUR TENTACLES OFF ME!”. Dad gets livid. A shiver runs down my spine, but dad says “I think he’s having those dreams again.” to mum “You’re going to see a psychiatrist, young man.” Mum says angrily, I scream.
I run upstairs and duck under my bed; I’m shivering, am I cracking up!? I can feel myself drifting off.

It’s night, how long have I been asleep!? I go downstairs, to my surprise, people are breaking into our house! I want to yell, but they’ll notice me, one of the people has a gun, wait a minute, this is another hallucination, I run, grab a glass of water and pour it on myself, suddenly I wake up, dripping wet with water, I had the solution to my problem, I’d carry a bottle of water around, and I’d pour it on my head if I began hallucinating, tomorrow’s gonna be smooth sailing.

I’m at the psychiatrist, everything’s going to be fine, I have the distinct feeling that I’ll be wrong. I waited and waited and waited some more, until it was finally my turn, the therapist pulled me into the room, and I dropped my bottle of water, that sucks. There’s a replica of a bear trap in her office, I slipped, and fell face first for her bear-trap replica, the psychiatrist catches me, and wraps around my head with a tube like mouth with teeth everywhere.

“Wake up!” mum says, half-crying, I look in the mirror, there are what look like teeth marks all over my face, I begin to wonder if the psychiatrist bite really was a hallucination….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!