Killer Teddies

It’s Christmas eve and everybody’s happy. The toyshop is packed and people are buying Playstations, Xbox’s, remote control cars and heaps more. Throughout the store there are smiles on everybody’s faces. That is except for the teddy bears. They’ve got huge frowns on their tiny faces.
I’m in the toyshop with my mum and we’ve also bought a truckload of toys. We’ve even got a few of the frowning teddies.
The next day is Christmas. I get up extra early to open my presents. I got five presents and I’m SO, SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s the most presents I’ve ever had. I’m unwrapping the fourth present when Mum comes in.
“What do you think you’re doing?”, asks Mum.
“Unwrapping my presents”, I reply.
“Those aren’t yours!” she snaps.
“Yes they are”
“Look at the labels!” says Mum
Uh-oh all the presents are for my cousins! (So that explains why I got a frowning bear).
“Well don’t just sit there, help me rewrap the present”, Mum orders.
“But, but…..”, I complain.
“No buts, Jason. The visitors will be here any minute and I don’t want them to see you in your Pj’s!”, says Mum
“OK!”, I huff.
At that moment, as I was rewrapping the teddies I wished that they would come to life and eat my mum, I was so angry. In the end I didn’t have enough time to wrap them all so I just shoved the rest under the couch as the doorbell rang announcing the arrival of my 3 year old cousin Danny and his family.
“Hi Danny”, I call out as they all walk in through the front door.
Danny passes me a bag of gifts as we walk down the corridor.
“What’s that?” says Danny as we walk past the lounge room, spotting the unwrapped teddies.
“What?” I reply
“That over there!” says Danny, pointing at a teddy.
Oh, Umm…they’re your presents….. I….I unwrapped them for you.
Danny’s furious. He picks up a bear and runs to his parents screaming:
“Mummy, Daddy, Jason opened my pressies !!”
Auntie Jen and Uncle Cooper come rushing towards the lounge room.
“What happened? Did you unwrap his presents, Jason?”
“Yes” I replied guiltily.
“Jason, you know that when you touch Danny’s stuff he gets upset” says Auntie Jen.
“Yes I know. I’m sorry” I say quietly.
“Now, can I trust you to play with Danny” says Auntie Jen in a more cheerful voice
“I guess”, I answer.
Danny and I wander off and start play with the teddy, when all of a sudden it starts coming to life and jumps onto my face and starts strangling me!!
“AARGH!! HELP ME !!!”, I scream.
The bear’s got a strong grip on me and it’s not letting go. I manage to pull it off and throw it against the wall. The bear goes shuffling off into the kitchen, I hear a clattering of pots and pans followed by mum screaming.
I run into the kitchen to find the teddy starting to gobble down the Christmas turkey. My mum is wacking it with a ladle with no effect. She then runs to the phone and calls the police.
The house is total kaos !
By the time the police arrive the Teddy has run off outside and we try to explain to them what happened. As the police started looking around, one of them found another one of the frowning teddies. Which jumped up and started strangling him the same way the bear strangled me. “AARRGHH!!! HELP ME!!” , he called out.
Danny and I ran to his aid but just before we got to him the bear waved his hand and thousands of teddies came out of nowhere and started demolishing everything in their sight.
Shocked by the sight, we froze giving a teddy enough time to jump onto Danny and start strangling him.
I try to pull the bear off Danny but it’s no use the bear’s too strong.
“Jason help me!”, Danny screams.
Oh no! The bear’s starting to swallow him.
I try to help him but I’m too slow and the bear has already eaten him.. I run as fast as I can to the next house but I trip and stumble on the front step …. I then feel something sharp on my leg ……oh no they’re going to eat me too.
“HELP!!” I call out
But receive no answer.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!