The Fish Trick

Once upon a time there was a dog, his name was Jan. Jan had an owner, his name was Stefan. They went to the pet shop and bought a fish and ate it.
After their meal, they returned to the pet shop to buy another fish but the shopkeeper said he would not sell them any more fish if they were just going to eat them. So, Jan and Stefan promised not to eat any more fish. They took the second fish home, but guess what… They ate it!!!

After that, Jan and Stefan went to K-Mart to buy metal and screws and a hammer. When they got home, they made a metal fish, painted it and put it in a fish bowl. Then they went back to the pet shop and asked for another fish. The shopkeeper said, “You can’t have another fish unless you can prove that you didn’t eat the last one I sold you.”
Stefan said, “Come to our place, the fish is there.” So Jan, Stefan and the shopkeeper went to Jan and Stefan’s house. When the shopkeeper saw the metal fish in the fish bowl he thought it was the fish that he had sold them and said, “Oh, I see! You didn’t eat the second fish after all! From now on, I will sell you all the fish you want!” Then he left.

Jan and Stefan grinned at each other and Stefan said, “Awesome! He couldn’t tell that the fish we made wasn’t real… Our trick worked!!!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!