Get Me Out Of Here.

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” She heard a scream coming from the dark alleyway. Lucy jerked her head up, distracted from her steps.
She ran to the voice, the water splashing on her clothes.
Lucy walked through the dark alleyway, her footsteps echoing. She turned to the entrance, her eyes aware. There were dripping sounds of water, wet from the rain. The bins surrounding her leaked of rubbish she scrunched her nose at the smell.

“Are.. you okay?” She whispered quietly.
“Who are you?” A voice asked, “Why are you here?”
Lucy shivered at the chill behind her, she turned her head around. Her eyes widened at the female body lying on the ground lifeless, blood surrounding her body. Lucy cupped her hand on her mouth, preventing the vomit from rising.
The body was obliviously dead, a lesion from the body’s stomach oozed through her clothes. She was only freshly killed, maybe only seconds after the scream.
Lucy was instantly alert, her legs began running towards the exit.
“Not so fast.” A deep voice called, Lucy felt a tug against her.
It pulled her back, and tossed her against the wall. She arched her back in pain, “Uhhh..” She moaned.
She looked up to a faint silhouette, her heart began to race. Her eyes started watering; she could feel her heart beat wildly against her chest.
The shadow approached as its breathing beginning to get louder.
“You shouldn’t have come here.” It said slowly.
It grabbed her leg, making her stumble. Lucy struggled in its grip, clawing at the ground. It pulled her back up again, tossing her roughly to the wall.
Lucy stood herself up, her back against the wall. It held a knife in its hand, she saw a smirk appear on its face. It went swiftly to her, wounding her leg.
Lucy screamed in agony, clutching her leg.

She bolted towards to exit; the shadow grabbed her by the arm, stopping her in her steps. It stabbed her again, this time in the stomach. Lucy weakened as the red liquid dripped from her body. It dropped her arm, piercing her in the back. Lucy’s tears fell from her eyes, she groaned as she moved to the entrance. She scowled, feeling her life draining from her.

As she reached the exit, she fell forward falling onto the hard concrete.
The mysterious figure pulled on her shirt and threw her to the ground again. He slammed his foot onto her back. Lucy screamed once more, dragging herself across the ground. She picked herself up as she began crawling.

The lights shone faintly on her as she finally came out of the alleyway, she turned her head back looking at into the darkness. The blood stained the ground when she dragged herself out. Lucy placed a hand on the ground to support her, only to fall hard on the floor. A young male ran to her looking at her worriedly, his eyes were wide, eyeing her body, “LUCY?!”
“Get.. out of.. here..” She replied.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!