Oh Man

“Mum can I audition for a play at the Arts Theatre?” Asked Ricki, knowing her mother would probably say no.
“Certainly not!” screamed her mother.
“Why, all I ever do is play tennis with you and have tea with your friends!” argued Ricki.
“Because it will cost money and its not ladylike behaviour” answered her mother.
“Oh my god, why do you have to be so difficult, we have plenty of money, you just spend it on tea” shouted Ricki.
Ricki stormed off to her bedroom stamping her feet.

“Pssssssssst, Ricki,”
“What do you want Zack?”
Zack was 19 and loved his sister tonnes so he’d do anything to make her happy.
“I heard your fight with mum; I can take you to the audition,” said Zack.
“I knew I could count on you Zack, where’d I be without a great brother like you?” exclaimed Ricki.
“Lonely, bored, freedomless, broke,”

Later Ricki and Zack snuck out the back to the auditions while their other sibling Hamish distracted their mother. Hamish is 15 and would do anything to be in the action.

“I’ve got to go to my meeting now Hamish so keep out of trouble,” said their mother.
“Bbbbbbut mum you can’t leave, it’s uh raining,”
“Don’t be silly it’s not raining,”
“Yeah it is, its called silent rain, new discovery,”

Meanwhile Zack and Ricki where having a bit of trouble with directions

“Are you sure were not lost?” asked Ricki.
“Were not lost!” shouted Zack.
“Slow down you’re over the limit!” screamed Ricki.
“Oh no, not the fuzz!”
Zack pulled over and the cop came over.
“I’m gonna have to write you a ticket for speeding, show me your licence,” said the cop.
Zack couldn’t find his wallet which had his licence.
“Oh man I must have left it at home,”
“Well…., no licence then…., jail,”

Back home things weren’t great either. The phone rang, it was the police. When they got to the bit about jail she fainted.

“This calls for drastic measures” Hamish said
He grabbed his mother’s car keys and drove off to the police station.

Later at the police station; “Anyone here own the red Porsche with the number plate of EMT.126?”Asked the policeman.
“I do,” said Hamish.
“Well you’ve parked in a no parking spot,”
The other cop behind the desk then said
“How old are you?”
“Ummmm 15,” answered Hamish.
Hamish then found himself in the cell aswell.
“Nice one Hamish!” Zack slapped Hamish in the head.

Soon after, their mother turned up at the station
“How much to bail?” she asked
“$5000,”
She nearly fell.
“Wow that’s a lot of money,”
Then the same cop as before came in.
“Someone in a black dress and red shoes who caught the 199 bus has taken someone’s purse,”
Their mother looked at her handbag then started sprinting off.
“MUM!!!!!!” They shouted.
“What, it was a nice handbag,”

Three upset children and one very unladylike mother in jail, how much better could an ending get.






FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!