We Are Legend

One day we were planning to free Aussie prisoners in a P.O.W camp and it was the most heavily guarded prisoner of war camp in Germany, so we had to plan carefully. Two days later we were heading off on our two-hour trip on a Lancaster bomber plane, the we were to parachute out a kilometre behind the war camp.

When we arrived, we immediately started walking towards the camp. It was only Private Dylan, Private Hayden, Private Riley and I. When we got near the camp, we loaded our rifles, pistols and Tommy guns, and then we snuck up the drain. When we reached the end of the drain, we climbed out and we looked to find no one was there except a heap of Australian troops we were looking for.

Suddenly there was one loud shot behind me from German foot soldiers, and then multiple shots were fired from other Germans hiding. We started running and ducking for cover. I was shooting and hiding behind a piece of blown up cement. After about 45 minutes, the fight was over because the other three platoons were out harvesting wheat and only 25 German foot soldiers were guarding the camp.

Then we remembered that other Germans would have heard the shots being fired and would be on their way back to camp, so we thought that we should get a move on to get the prisoners out of there. On the way back we found a camp that was run by American soldiers and they had a bomber plane that was big enough for us to get back to H.Q.

Once we were back, we were awarded bravery awards and a Victoria Cross Medal. After the war, Private Hayden and I bought a big cattle station, retired and had kids.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!