Samuel The Super Werewolf

Once upon a time, on a stormy night in the middle of Western Australia, there lived a boy named Samuel Denly. Samuel lived with his parents and his sister on a farm beside Wolf Creek. Samuel’s mother’s name was Nicole, his father’s name was Roman and his sister’s name was Ruby.
One night, Samuel and Ruby went for a walk down to Wolf Creek. When they arrived at the creek, Samuel heard something in the long grass so started to walk back to the house with his sister when a big, black, hairy, red-eyed dog jumped out at him. He thought it was a dog but it was a big wolf-like creature. The wolf-like creature bit him on the arm and ran away.
Samuel and his sister ran back to the house. When they got back to the house, they went to their parents. Samuel told them that he had been bitten by a wolf-like creature and showed them his arm which was covered with dark red blood. In a split second, Samuel’s scared parents ran into the garage and drove the car to the front of the house where Samuel and Ruby jumped in.
They rushed to the hospital in the nearby town of Transillvania. It was nine o’clock when they arrived at the hospital. As they walked inside, Samuel saw someone who was waiting with a bite on his arm just like his. It was Mr Thompson who lived on the other side of Wolf Creek. Samuel asked him what had happened. Mr Thompson told Samuel that he had been fishing at Wolf Creek at about seven o’clock when something big and hairy with red eyes jumped out at him and bit him on the arm. Samuel told Mr Thompson that he had been bitten by the same creature in the same way.
After an hour had passed, Mr Thompson went with one of the doctors to an operating room. The doctors asked Mr Thompson questions about the bite on his arm before they cleaned and bandaged it. When the doctors had finished, Mr Thompson walked back to where Samuel and his parents were waiting. His face was white with fear because he thought that he had been bitten by a werewolf. Samuel and his parents shrieked with horror. ”But Mr Thompson, there is no such thing as a werewolf,” said Samuel. As soon as Samuel said that, a stranger wearing a black coat came out of an operating room and walked up to Samuel’s family and Mr Thompson. The stranger explained to them that there were werewolves lurking around somewhere near Wolf Creek. Suddenly Samuel’s mind clicked, it had been a werewolf that had bitten him and Mr Thompson. Again, Samuel shrieked with horror because he knew that if you had been bitten by a werewolf, you would transform into a werewolf every full moon and transform back into a human in the morning.
After ten minutes or so, Samuel was taken to get his arm cleaned and bandaged. When he came out of the operating room, it was almost twelve o’clock. By then, Samuel’s parents had finished talking to the doctors so they went home.
On the way home they saw a dead animal carcase on the road. A big dog was eating it. Samuel’s father slammed on the brakes. ”That was a big mistake,” thought Samuel. Suddenly the dog stopped eating and started walking towards the car. Samuel’s father revved the engine but the dog kept coming closer and closer. The Denly family thought that they were in grave danger so Samuel’s father slammed the car into gear, pushed his foot on the accelerator and dodged around the dog.
When they arrived home, they had supper and talked about what had happened. Samuel told his parents that he thought that the black dog they had come across was a werewolf. Samuel’s parents agreed. Ruby was white with fear; she was afraid that the werewolf that had bitten Samuel might come back and bite her. Following an hour of talking, the family went to bed, after all they needed the energy for the next day.
On Sunday morning, Samuel woke bright and early. After a short breakfast, he went to the computer to find out the date of the next full moon. He found that the next full moon would be on Sunday night. “That’s tonight,” gasped Samuel, “I hope I can stop myself from hurting anything.” Then he had an idea. He would make a cage with thick metal bars so that when he transformed he would be safe inside and unable to hurt anything or anyone. So just before lunch, Samuel and his father went to Major Metals in Transillvania. They brought twenty lengths of strong pipe and heavy sheets of metal. On the way home, Roman said to Samuel, “That should keep you in son.”
When they arrived home they unloaded the steel and set up the welder and the saw ready to put the cage together. By two o’clock, they had finished. It had taken many cuts and bruises, but they were finished. At six o’clock, Samuel had an early tea while his parents set up the cage. At eleven-thirty, Samuel was locked in the cage. As midnight struck, Samuel started to feel sick, suddenly his hands started to grow claws and fur. His head started to transform into a werewolf’s head. After ten minutes of painful transformations, Samuel was transformed into a werewolf. He howled and ran around inside the cage. Samuel started to grow wings. Samuel lifted into the air while still in the cage. Over trees he went, he realised that he was heading towards Transillvania.
Suddenly a fire arrow hit him in his right wing. Samuel howled with pain. But kept moving as fast as he could until he became tired. After a while his sore wing could not move any more, so he aimed his body and the cage at Wolf Creek where he soon crash landed near his house.
Samuel felt hungry. All he could see was a dead rabbit so he picked it up and gobbled it in one mouthful. After a while, Samuel started to transform back into a human. When he was fully human, he went to sleep on the cold floor of his cage. Samuel was woken up by people yelling. “Here, over here, Dad!” As the sound of voices came closer, Samuel recognised his sister Ruby’s voice. Soon after Ruby arrived at his cage, his father came running down over the ragged creek bank. Ruby had a key in her hand and she unlocked the cage. His father Roman was smiling. “What’s that in your hand?” asked Samuel as he looked at the bottle of pink liquid in his father’s hand. “Well son, it is the cure. The stranger we met at the hospital gave it to us.” Samuel quickly took the bottle from his father and took a sip. “Now we can go home and celebrate that there is no werewolf in this family anymore,” said Ruby, as she ran back to the house to tell her mother, Nicole, the good news.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!