Vampires

Damn this train…can’t it run any faster than this? I just wish I was the driver of this train, then I could stamp my foot on the accelerator. Oh I just wish. Why do wishes just always have to stay as wishes? Why couldn’t there be like...magic…real magic that I could create then everything would be right. I guess I just have to wait and be scolded “Miss nasty roll call teacher “. Oh well I guess I can suffer for only day then tomorrow I’ll wake up extra early. I glanced at my watch. It was already 8:40. The bell rings at 8:37. I felt like screaming.

Finally this damn train reached my station. I pushed and shoved to get off the train then I sprinted as fast as I could out of the station, through the Westfield and across the road towards my school. My legs were aching as I was never used to running this fast. I went up 3 stairs in a row and panting loudly I entered the classroom slowly just waiting for the sound of me dreadful teacher’s voice to fill my ears. I stepped in…noting happened. It was strangely empty. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Truly there was nobody in the room. I was lost for words. The time was just 8:38. I wondered why there wasn’t anybody in the room.

Puzzled I walked back into the playground and thought I might go to the place where my friends and I meet up in the mornings. As I was walking towards the bushed I saw that there was nobody there but since I didn’t know where else to go I walked straight on. When I reached the bushed it was certainly deserted so I turned to walk back. Just as I turned I thought I saw something flicker to the corner of my eyes. I looked and there he was. EDWARD CULLEN the VAMPIRE! No mistake. It was him with the same hair and golden eyes and there was Bella Swan standing next to him. But this was a different Edward Cullen with his vampire teeth were protruding from his mouth and his eyes…they looked like ghost eyes and he was slowly approaching me. I felt like screaming at the sight of him. Desperately I looked around for a good place to hide. No where. I was doomed.

I ran. Fast. Everything around me seemed to suddenly blur when I ran. Behind me I could hear the foot paces of the vampire catching up to me and then it would be that I’ll be his dinner. Something touched my shoulder. It was Edward Cullen’s hand. No mistake. I screamed hoping he’d eat me up before I saw his revolting face. I dropped down to the ground making myself an easy to eat dinner.

Nothing seemed to happen for what seemed like one whole minute. Then I heard a voice “are you okay?” I opened my eyes to my horror I saw our school principle Mr Head towering over me. I felt embarrassed that my eyes had played tricks on me. “errrr…yes of course Mr Head I tripped er.. when I was running to err…. Get my phone…err… I think I left it somewhere…here yesterday…” quickly I stood up and began to walk away. “Where do you think you are going? Today the cross country carnival, so get over to the oval right now!” I felt so embarrassed and ashamed of myself for not knowing earlier and for seeing that stupid poster of Edward Cullen on my way to school. I felt regret for reading Twilight. I walked toward the oval and tried not to blush in case my friends saw. My friends were all approaching me so I ran towards them. As I ran I didn’t see a puddle. I slipped and fell face first…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!