Violinist

Wind blew from the air Goddess against the Rio de la Verona, creating small ripples. No sounds except Emillie rowing could be heard.

Emillie dropped the anchor from her gondola and waited. The moon was full tonight, the many Gods yearned for the music that would be played by the young virgin.

Time stood still while waiting for the instrument's first sound. Emillie stood up and lifted her violin to her shoulder, her right hand lowered her bow to the strings and struck the first note.

Emillie's hands move faster and faster, making every note a story.

Note after note, combined together displayed the sorrow and beauty of the world that would be played once in a blue moon.

Every single note was perfect, nothing was wrong. Guided by the wind, her music sped up then suddenly stopped .

Regaining her breath, Emillie inhaled deeply and waited for the Gods response. Adrenaline flowed through her, she could feel her heart try to jump out of her chest.

Thunder drummed against the sky, lightning repeatly lanced into the earths soil. The Gods response was heard.

Emillie pulled out her knife from her side. The blade shone pure with the moons light, Emillie held out her left arm towards the water.

The long fang cut the smooth silky skin. Red rubies dripped from the wounds mouth and down into the water. A virgins sacrifice to please the Gods even more.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!